Author Topic: Country Forums  (Read 393 times)

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Country Forums
« on: January 25, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
I think each country deserves its own forum don't you?  I mean if the "DickWeed Heavy Bomber Group" can have one why not something for the Knits, Bish and Rooks?

Maybe restrict the forums to only those who fly a certain amount of hours for a country?  Or offer an option for players to sign on for a tour of duty with 1 country?  If they sign on they get the forum password.

JG11

Vater

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
Country Forums
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
This would be nice. It really makes sense because right now there is no place for countrymen to go over tactics and other things in private.

As far as passwords are concerned, I think If you were with a country for 1 entire tour, you receive the password for the next tour. The password could reset every tour as to discourage country jumpers from leaking information.

Maybe worth a try.

------------------
"Wing up, Get kills, Be happy"

Midnight
13th TAS

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.user.shentel.net/vonz/jagdneun.html
Country Forums
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »
Virage,

Didnt see this post before I posted this in another thread.  Perhaps something done on our own and limited to a select group, could in fact remain secure.  
---------------------------------------

"Maybe someone could setup a seperate BB dedicated to Rook only issues. Not everyone mind ya, just those key rook representatives that could be selected to lead this motely crew. Say 8 to 10 noted leaders within Rookland.
They could meet and discuss various missions and critique past missions in an attempt to bring some order to Rookville.

Perhaps we could select 10 predominant squardrons who are dedicated Rooks to headup this group. The squadrons could be represented by their prospective C/O's who could plan our objectives in a safe and secure location.

The Bish and Knits could do the same thing and leave us all guessing."

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Country Forums
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
I don't think it would work since you have some folks that switch as soon as their country begins to lose...then what of the password?

If they implement "1 Tour, 1 Country" policy, then it would work.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Country Forums
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2001, 01:57:00 PM »
hi all: regaurdless of those that might switch as soon as there country is loosing.
There are a few squads that switch every tour and one squad I know for sure that switchs on the first of every month.

So a country forum would not work.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Country Forums
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
I don't think it would work since you have some folks that switch as soon as their country begins to lose...then what of the password?

If they implement "1 Tour, 1 Country" policy, then it would work.

yup! what Rip said.