Author Topic: My first 3 sorties.  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Admiral

• Zinc Member
My first 3 sorties.
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:29:54 AM »
Ok..

I unchecked the settings under Hanger to remove that auto stall thingie, Bruv suggested.  'Check'
I set all my control keys to favor that of my old FA days.  'Check'
I finally figured out how to enter an arena.  I pick the SpitXIV and enter via the middle base.
4 NewCastles chilling in a bucket (just a big bowl) of ice.  'Check'
My wife enters the room with my special request, 'Four Toasted Peanut Butter and Jelly'.  'Check'
I reach down and flip on my Ipod and set it to the 3rd folder from the top... 'Best of the Bee Gees'   'Check'
Joystick rested firmly on my left thigh, quick bite of my TPBnJ as my wife feeds me a drink of Ice Cold NewCastle (Damn that was good!).  'Oh Hell Yeah!'
Quick kiss good luck and Throttle Full Power Baby!!! 

I promptly take off from base 'H' and as I'm turning right onto the runway, it occurs to me of what Bruv said.   The second must thing to do is to set hatch view by scooting nearest to the view.  As I almost set the first direction; Crashland!!  OF COURSE IT WASN'T THE BEST TIME TO DO THAT!!!  YOU THINK I'M AN IDIOT?!!!!!

I sit patiently for the game to reset.  I try to recall if I took off from base 'H' or base 'NW', when then it dawns on me!... The names aren't 'H' or 'NW'; 'H' probably stands for Headquarters and 'NW' North West.  Of course I am brilliant!  I wonder... "Did i bring in the Recycling trash can? .. Damn this Ice Cold NewCastle is THE BOMB!!..  WHAT THE HELL IS TAKING SO LONG?!!"

I am now a long skinny arm with a weak looking pistol.  Shots go off as I frantically try hitting keys.  WTF!! How the hell do you move this guy?  Mouse don't work!? Esc button!
End Sortie
On to Sortie 2...

I NOT TAKING OFF FROM THAT JINXED HEADQUARTERS!... North West it is!..  FULL THROTTLE!!  My new SpitXIV blares on and quickly rolls. I steady her as straight as you can piss your name in the snow.. MOTHER TRUCKER! !  Crashland..!
End Sortie
On to Sortie 3...!

OK DAMNIT.. LETS JUST CALM THE *$%! down!!  THINK!!.. Just take the *$%! OFF.. SLOW, EASY ROLL.. GUIDE THIS PUNK ASS!!! 
Deep Breathe
Grab the last NewCastle, set to song 'Staying Alive' and take the last bite of my last TPBnJ dinner. 

Long Breathe..  Lets do this..
Slowly crank the throttle as my Spitty starts rolling.  I make sure I keep it at slow steady speed and continue down the runway.  As I near the end of the runway, I gently start pulling back the stick with a slight panic.   Lift Off!!.. OH YEAH BABY.. ..!  YOU KNoooWW!.  Hell I don't know what direction I was flying, but atleast i'm up in the air!  %Ay Ay Ay Ay... Staying Alive, Staying Alive%

Another deep Breathe.. I hit ESC.
Steadily turn in the direction of the first lonely Red dot.   All i was focused on was the red bad guy!  10 Years of SA experience out the window!  I did not look anywhere else, but at that one bad guy.. lol 
Right before engagement, I noticed a friendly engaging him.  I strategically keened in on the enemies move and anticipate him pulling up behind my, now favorite, wingman (NO! I don't remember his stinkin name);  He pulls a mother of a beauty set and I tune in on the kill.  Bang Bang Bang!!!  Did I hit him?  That was a beaut set and I MISSED?!  I read below 'You Destroyed..'  

BOOOYAH!!! .. BOOYAHKAH!!!  ..PEICE OF $^#!ing CAKE!!
My tactic worked beautifully!

I hit ESC and turn home... I hit the button configured to drop gears and hear them drop.... 
OF COURSE, I DIDN'T REMEMBER I NEVER PULLED THEM UP!!! 
Are you telling me, I was able to drunkenly take off, turn while almost stalling 4 times, Absolutely Zero 'SA' and kill my first kill with my gears down?!!  And all during my default cockpit view?!!!!  WELL THAT'S WHAT I'M TELLING YOU!!!

NO I DIDN'T LAND... but it was a damn good try!
End Sortie.

=s=

Admiral
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:34:55 AM by Admiral »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: My first 3 sorties.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »
Your clearly to good for this game Admiral, time to quit while your ahead imo. :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline theNewB

• Copper Member
      • http://www.greatergermany.net
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 02:13:42 AM »
lol right on  :lol stick with it and a few weeks youll be an ace  ;)

Offline Acer72

• Zinc Member
      • ~27th Fighter Squadron~ The Fighting Eagles
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:42:10 AM »
Hey way to go Admiral... I can see that you will get the hang of it a lot sooner then you though..... :salute

Acer72

Acer72
Commanding Officer
27th Fighter Squadron

www.27thfightersquadron.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 04:04:16 AM »
Correct me if Im wrong but 'H' means Hangar not headqaurters :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 04:41:47 AM »
Hey Admiral who let you off your ship???

You go and play with your Spit and let that CV of yours ram the port do you know how many virtual pixles where killed in that stunt?!?!?!?! What do you think that someone else would take charge of it while you where out playing with your toys???

Get back on to your ship and leave the flying to us pilots will you!!!

Tex

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 05:21:30 AM »
AH does have some pretty cool CV drivers   :lol

I think he needs to get on a PT boat first to get his legs.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 07:20:56 AM »
Fair warning...  Posting After Action reports may get you persecuted and accused of being a shade. :O

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline McDeath

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:26:20 AM »
lol well done, great story
flying as                     
Voudou  III/JG11 BOG
71Sqn./USMC
When we are done with you, you are going to wish your Daddy pulled out early!
"Then throw caution to the wind, buy a one way ticket to furball city and pop

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:41:34 AM »
Fair warning...  Posting After Action reports may get you persecuted and accused of being a shade. :O

ROFL I remember that... Don't worry, no one will start with my man Admiral.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 07:52:45 AM »

Suddenly a horrible image flashes in my mind... Kaz in his little navy uniform protecting his man.... ;)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM »
Suddenly a horrible image flashes in my mind... Kaz in his little navy uniform protecting his man.... ;)

:rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:16 AM »

That's something really disturbing........

Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 08:31:16 AM »

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 08:34:21 AM »
Geeeee...... he found one better than mine! :furious
Live to fly, fly to live!