Author Topic: 5'' guns preventing you from a capture?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
5'' guns preventing you from a capture?
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »
Ok I was attacking a port yesterday and we went through the trouble of killing the cv in port, dropping the VH and deacking.  So i'm thinking sweet there task group is to far out to sea to ressuply the base.  Finally my buddies get their lvt's feet dry and let about 40 troops go, all looks well.  A couple seconds later and BAM 5'' guns shelling the maproom, THEY KILLED EVERY TROOP!  Just wondering if this seems very crappy to you guys to, I was very frustrated. :frown:

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: 5'' guns preventing you from a capture?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:17:23 PM »
What's a "capture?"
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »
Ok I was attacking a port yesterday and we went through the trouble of killing the cv in port, dropping the VH and deacking.  So i'm thinking sweet there task group is to far out to sea to ressuply the base.  Finally my buddies get their lvt's feet dry and let about 40 troops go, all looks well.  A couple seconds later and BAM 5'' guns shelling the maproom, THEY KILLED EVERY TROOP!  Just wondering if this seems very crappy to you guys to, I was very frustrated. :frown:

Did you make sure all the ack was down even the man'd ack? Did you shoot up the map room to make sure there wasn't a chute hiding in it? If I heard 5" shells hitting the maproom I would think that they would kill the troops just like any other gun.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 12:26:54 PM »
There are several maprooms on various maps within the range of the shore battery, makes it a bit more challenging but effective at defense and frustrating for capture.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 12:28:11 PM »
Somoene must have went into land mode and clicked on the maproom from the cv, the port was p86 on the current orange map.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »
There are several maprooms on various maps within the range of the shore battery, makes it a bit more challenging but effective at defense and frustrating for capture.
this sounds more likely

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 12:51:28 PM »
did this a couple of weeks ago on one of those maps where ports have towns and a field, took them 4 goons to work out what was going on :rofl
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 01:57:35 PM »
did this a couple of weeks ago on one of those maps where ports have towns and a field, took them 4 goons to work out what was going on :rofl

Thought that was you,,,,  :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
I love killing base sneakers with shore battery.

They just keep upping until they finally get tired of it.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 03:06:05 PM »
Somoene must have went into land mode and clicked on the maproom from the cv, the port was p86 on the current orange map.

Good thinking on their part.  :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:05 PM »
Its no different than when the cv and cruiser are dead however the LVT's keep upping feet dry dumping supps to keep the ack up. Its gamey and lame but that doesnt stop it from happening. HTC needs to address this but they wont, never have never will.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
Stupid Gunners
Strokes

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 04:15:06 AM »
What's a "capture?"

That will be when you landed a goon with troops

Field Captures    1    670

wipass

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 06:01:54 AM »
Seems like a proper use of arty.  The SB ROF is a bit too slow to kill all troops when they're all strung out.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 06:27:29 AM »
Its no different than when the cv and cruiser are dead however the LVT's keep upping feet dry dumping supps to keep the ack up. Its gamey and lame but that doesnt stop it from happening. HTC needs to address this but they wont, never have never will.

Dry spawning LVTs and shelling a maproom are two entirely different things. Dry spawning a LVT is exploiting a bug in the game. Shelling a maproom is a good tactic for defending your base.

I wonder if the allies that were storming the beaches of Normandy were yelling "gamy" or "lame" because the germans were shelling them with mortars and artillery?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner