Author Topic: Make the Red-Out more punishing.  (Read 847 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Make the Red-Out more punishing.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 12:08:16 AM »
Yes its not worth it unless you can download it in seconds as its only a POC film.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 12:14:14 AM »
I support it  :aok
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
well if you wanna turn around quicly all you have to do is flip ove and pull back on the stick   positive g's

+1

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »
Agreed.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 12:31:45 PM »
Didn't I read somewhere that even as few as 3-4 negative Gs can be enough to cause permanent injury, if not death?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »
For sure heavy Neg Gs can easily cause a blood vessel burst in the eye, which wouldn't make flying and fighting any easier. Saw a picture of Stapp once after he had taken a monster deceleration, both eyes looked like sacks of blood. Albeit, he regained his vision, but at the time I doubt he could have flown an airplane very well.

The "do not move controls so rapidly" gotcha could be made a tad easier to trip IMO as well.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:09:19 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
I totally agree.  The stick-stirring (especially from spixteens where the do the magical pinwheel, flip-flop, last starfighter "death blossom" maneuver) is far-out to watch, especially when they pull out of it and go blazing off in some totally different direction, seemingly unaffected by the massive changes in G's that they just experienced

I'm ready for the heat on this, but............

<opinion mode enable>

I don't think the trend is going to go any more toward realism than it already is (but I could be wrong).  The new pool of recruitment from here on out (and maybe a couple of years earlier) has a different view, for the most part, on what a video game should be.  I refer to them as the X-Box generation.

With the advent of X-Box (live) and the availability/ease of access/affordability of MMO games, this new X-Box generation (as far as I can tell) seems to want and expect the Halo, Call of Duty, etc type of game play.  Fast, 1st person shoot-em-up as quickly as possible games for there is no patience built in, nor wanted.  Couple that with modded controllers, game cheats for every tile offered in every book section of the local game store, and pre-determined ends of most game plots and you have a recipe for lazy gaming.  Tactics get thrown out the window, patience is not in the vocabulary.  A flight sim that takes patience, teamwork, knowledge (and practice of) ACM becomes very boring after all the action of the games of today.  It may be a treat for old heads (like most of seem to be, no offense intended), but for the newer generations, it may not be a good sell.

I can just hear the following... (some of which I've heard from my neighbor, an X-Box junkie who is 10 years my junior)

"What do you mean a black out/red out?  I'll just fly the uber planes all the time, even though I should be able to just yank/bank my stick till I get guns on an enemy in any plane I choose.  And these graphics?  They suck !  And why can't I have an external view in any plane I choose?  This is gay/boring/lame, etc"   

I can't imagine that in this economic climate, HTC will be making any  (or a lot of) changes that make the game harder to play, or less enticing to this X-Box generation.  Making a product that doesn't sell will sink a company in this upcoming consumer base of "I want it all, I want it my way, and I want it NOW!" type of players. 

This wonderful game that we love, which should be part drama, part time travel (into the WWII era), part shoot-em-up, part action, and part chess game, is slowly becoming (due to the influx of X-Box heroes) very akin to another HALO.

<opinion mode disable>

I could also be totally wrong and off-base.  (it won't be the first or last time)   :D

My .02.........   (if it's even worth that much anymore)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 03:21:18 PM »
+1,000,000,000,000  :aok
Strokes

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »
My proposed change would not make the game harder to play unless you constantly pull the gamey inanity I speak of in first place. I can't remember the last time I G-LOC'ed while fighting, nor have I tripped the "do not move controls so rapidly" since I bought the first half-decent stick (The ubiquitous $20 Saitek).

Airplanes moving as they actually do in the physical world would make it more intuitive and save a great deal of frustration that must occur the first time any new player saddles up on a bandit who goes UFO on them.

I totally agree.  The stick-stirring (especially from spixteens where the do the magical pinwheel, flip-flop, last starfighter "death blossom" maneuver) is far-out to watch, especially when they pull out of it and go blazing off in some totally different direction, seemingly unaffected by the massive changes in G's that they just experienced

I'm ready for the heat on this, but............

<opinion mode enable>

I don't think the trend is going to go any more toward realism than it already is (but I could be wrong).  The new pool of recruitment from here on out (and maybe a couple of years earlier) has a different view, for the most part, on what a video game should be.  I refer to them as the X-Box generation.

With the advent of X-Box (live) and the availability/ease of access/affordability of MMO games, this new X-Box generation (as far as I can tell) seems to want and expect the Halo, Call of Duty, etc type of game play.  Fast, 1st person shoot-em-up as quickly as possible games for there is no patience built in, nor wanted.  Couple that with modded controllers, game cheats for every tile offered in every book section of the local game store, and pre-determined ends of most game plots and you have a recipe for lazy gaming.  Tactics get thrown out the window, patience is not in the vocabulary.  A flight sim that takes patience, teamwork, knowledge (and practice of) ACM becomes very boring after all the action of the games of today.  It may be a treat for old heads (like most of seem to be, no offense intended), but for the newer generations, it may not be a good sell.

I can just hear the following... (some of which I've heard from my neighbor, an X-Box junkie who is 10 years my junior)

"What do you mean a black out/red out?  I'll just fly the uber planes all the time, even though I should be able to just yank/bank my stick till I get guns on an enemy in any plane I choose.  And these graphics?  They suck !  And why can't I have an external view in any plane I choose?  This is gay/boring/lame, etc"   

I can't imagine that in this economic climate, HTC will be making any  (or a lot of) changes that make the game harder to play, or less enticing to this X-Box generation.  Making a product that doesn't sell will sink a company in this upcoming consumer base of "I want it all, I want it my way, and I want it NOW!" type of players. 

This wonderful game that we love, which should be part drama, part time travel (into the WWII era), part shoot-em-up, part action, and part chess game, is slowly becoming (due to the influx of X-Box heroes) very akin to another HALO.

<opinion mode disable>

I could also be totally wrong and off-base.  (it won't be the first or last time)   :D

My .02.........   (if it's even worth that much anymore)
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
I never red out even though i have my stall limiter off i can still pull some wierd arse manuvers.
Strokes