Author Topic: Allow GV pilot to jump to pintle gun and back while joined player is in turret  (Read 532 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
What's the reason against this in planes, that's applied to GVs?  Lag or something?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
jumping gv's
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:45:36 AM »
Can you jump to the gun with a gunner on a single bomber?  I've never tried.  I figure the gunner has nowhere to go.  When you jump to the guns in a formation of bombers, your gunner is bumped to a drone and you gun the main bomber.  With no drones, can you still jump to a gun in an airplane?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
I haven't had a chance to try.. Maybe open an info box where, on joining, the two players divide up the positions.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
In a bomber if you have a gunner and you jump into a gun it kicks the gunner into the drones, he will then have control of the guns in the drones, and the pilot will be responsible for manning the lead planes guns. 
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re:
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:19:50 AM »
If you have a gunner in an A20 or IL2 and he is in the gunner seat, then you will not be able to switch to gunner.

The problem i found with tanks...If you are in the gunner seat when they join you cannot then swap back to driver seat untill the joinee ends sortie.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Interesting, if you are in the turret and accept a join can that person then drive the tank, or are you just stuck there?
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Allow GV pilot to jump to pintle gun and back while joined play
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:13:20 AM »
IIRC You can't control another player's plane, that's how it works.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re:
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »
In a bomber if you have a gunner and you jump into a gun it kicks the gunner into the drones, he will then have control of the guns in the drones, and the pilot will be responsible for manning the lead planes guns. 
If you have a gunner in an A20 or IL2 and he is in the gunner seat, then you will not be able to switch to gunner.

The problem i found with tanks...If you are in the gunner seat when they join you cannot then swap back to driver seat untill the joinee ends sortie.

Therein lies my question and maybe the answer to moot's as well.  If you are in a bomber with more than one gun position, without drones, can the pilot jump to a gun in an airplane?

The IL2 and A-20 only have one gun anyway.  With a gunner already, there is nowhere for the pilot to jump to.

I've never tried in a single aircraft.  What's the point?  I have a gunner already.  But if you cannot, then that would explain why you cannot in a tank either.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Allow GV pilot to jump to pintle gun and back while joined playe
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »
But I'm really wishing for a change in the rule to accomodate the differences GVs have, compared to planes.  In GVs there's a different dynamic between gunner and pilot.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Allow GV pilot to jump to pintle gun and back while joined playe
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 06:03:27 PM »
But I'm really wishing for a change in the rule to accomodate the differences GVs have, compared to planes.  In GVs there's a different dynamic between gunner and pilot.

But my point, which no one has yet answered, is; is there a difference between GVs and aircraft vis a vis multiple gunner positions without drones?

It may be a drone issue versus a gv issue.

Can you jump to a gunner position in a B-17 without drones if you have a gunner on board?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
But my point, which no one has yet answered, is; is there a difference between GVs and aircraft vis a vis multiple gunner positions without drones?

It may be a drone issue versus a gv issue.

Can you jump to a gunner position in a B-17 without drones if you have a gunner on board?

wrongway

i dont think you can wrongway

a few months ago myself and a squaddie were in a set of b17's. my squadmate was piloting the buffs and i was gunning. if i remember right my squadmate could not get into a gun after the drones were gone and i was in his plane.

this actually lead to my sqadmates new rule no more gunners for him.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Gunner
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:44:33 AM »
It just to be modelled just like dkff49 said, you can't jump into a gun-position when you're joined by a gunner (unless you have your formation intact).

Not sure if it's still this way.