Author Topic: Another Tiger Whine  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another Tiger Whine
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »
What is the highest currently held kill to death ratio in an M4 and who holds it? Is there a way to find out? Reason I ask is I use the Tiger nearly every time and the usual way the enemy chooses to kill me is with a bomb and not a tank yet I can still manage something like 26-27:1 but I despise the M4 because the elevation of the gun is WAY too sensitive. About the only thing I use the Sherman for is to take down hangars from the spawn point so the base never flashes. I think it was the A8s that demonstrated this to me and so I learned a new trick for sneaking their fields.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
What is the highest currently held kill to death ratio in an M4 and who holds it? Is there a way to find out?

With a little bit of effort, yes. If you check the new "plane" stats page, you can klick on the Sherman's kills tally. Another window opens, where you can again klick on all the GV's kills the Sherman got. A list of names appaear... for example all players that killed Panzer IV in A sherman. You could then look for the players with huge number of kills and start to examine their score. A bit cumbersome, but doable.

-----

I just took a look at our tank K/D's vs each other. I sampled the last two completed tours.

Giving the M4 Firefly 2/3rd of the Tiger's perk price doesn't seem to be completely senseless, though I personally have no problems with the current status - Since the introduction of the Wirbelwind, GV perks suddenly don't matter to me anymore ;)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:27:43 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 07:43:28 PM »
- Since the introduction of the Wirbelwind, GV perks suddenly don't matter to me anymore ;)

I was getting my perk points with an Ostwind before the introduction of the Wirblewind.  :D But it was MUCH harder to score a kill with the Ostwind, still is.  :furious

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline GGhost

• Copper Member
      • 79TH FIGHTER GROUP - FALCONS
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »
Bottom line AH II will never change the defective perk system they have on M4 Sherman Firefly and the Tiger.
Currently not flying

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 11:13:11 PM »
Was in a tiger today, was killed by a rocket from a P-38L
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 11:37:16 PM »
I looked through the stats and you can see the panzer and M8 die more then they kill. The Sherman has about 2/3 of the k/d of the Tiger. T34s trail behind but I think thats because so many people use them for taking down bases. There are a few people with good k/d in the Tiger.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline F111

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 02:27:40 PM »
Was in a tiger today, was killed by a rocket from a P-38L

Next time close the hatch.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »
I never gv unless absolutely needed... Turning the graphics all the way down so u can see peeps ruined it for me :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 03:17:39 PM »
I never gv unless absolutely needed... Turning the graphics all the way down so u can see peeps ruined it for me :salute

Then you'd be happy to hear they fixed that a long time ago.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »
From a whole year of LW stats.

Tiger I has 15616 Kills of Sherman VC
Sherman VC has 13856 Kills of Tiger I 

Meaning if at 1.0 perk multiplier tigers lost a total of 468,480 perks getting killed by Shermans and Shermans lost 69,280 perks getting killed by the Tiger. Now since in one year the Sherman only got around 2,000 less kills on the Tiger then the Tiger got on the Sherman but is 1/6 the cost of the Tiger. I don't know about you but that makes appositely no sense to me.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 05:00:16 PM »
Maybe just better shooting?

There was plenty of good shooting on both sides.  The sample size was large enough that the Tiger's supremacy at the long ranges we were fighting became obvious.  I personally hit Tigers more than a dozen times (I was in a Panzer, not a Sherman) with exactly one shot resulting in any damage (a killed engine from 1600 yards and from the rear).  Every single other shot ricocheted off with no damage, nor even a normal hit sprite.  As far as our Shermans went, our Shermans tended to die more often when hit by the Tigers than the Tigers tended to die when hit by the Shermans.

I did a search of the relevant stats on the scores website a few months ago when a similar topic came up, and although the Sherman was much closer to the Tiger than any other tank was, the Tiger still had a >1 kill ratio against the Sherman.  And at very, very long ranges, this is exaggerated even more.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:05:18 PM by sethipus »

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
A year or 2 ago I landed 650 kills in tiger at end of the tour. I was able to get on enemy bases with ease fearing nothing but another tiger.Now I am more worried about il2 now then anything else. I do think m4 firefly should be perked,and we also have the standard m4 not perked.How hard can it be for hitech to make a standard version since the firefly already exist.What change a few settings?? How hard can that be to do?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
You just have to be a little smarter now when upping a Tiger. First off theres IL2s and Jabos to worry about so I'd never upp a Tiger to attack an enemy airfield. Even if ords are down an IL2 can take out a Tiger. That, and your losing a lot of the 88mms edge when your rolling up on entrenched enemies.

The Tank is at its best on the defense at a base where enemy air is contained and the terrain allows for full use of the cannon. The exception being, I guess, a huge GV mission. If you take it out like any other tank your probably going to be disappointed.

I think some means has to be made to allow GVs to tower out at spawn points a little easier. Either build some tower ramps or lessen the distance needed from the enemy to tower out. As it stands now if you spawn out a perked tank on an enemy air base assault the odds are your not going to be able to land any kills. Most of all in a Tiger which is guaranteed to attract a lot of attention from the enemy.

I feel the Sherman is a better all around tank then the Tiger, and, the T34/85 is the best tank in the game. The T-34 is very tough to take out with heavy cannon from aircraft I can tell you that much. The Tiger has a bit larger sweet spot on top, that is if you can get the high angles to drop down on them. Either way I think the pendulum has swung a tad to much to the defenders side, most of all if an airbase, and allowing for easier towering out by the offense would energize the Tank game more.

As it stands? It seems month after month, since the IL2 update, I'm seeing less and less Tigers on offensives at air bases. Since I generally leave GV bases to GVs I cant really comment on those fights.

Insert Quote
A year or 2 ago I landed 650 kills in tiger at end of the tour. I was able to get on enemy bases with ease fearing nothing but another tiger.Now I am more worried about il2 now then anything else. I do think m4 firefly should be perked,and we also have the standard m4 not perked.How hard can it be for hitech to make a standard version since the firefly already exist.What change a few settings?? How hard can that be to do?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 01:01:31 PM »
The Tank is at its best on the defense at a base where enemy air is contained and the terrain allows for full use of the cannon. The exception being, I guess, a huge GV mission. If you take it out like any other tank your probably going to be disappointed.

I concur.  I very rarely use the Tiger for anything but defensive fighting.  Not to say some folks are'nt stone cold killers in the Tiger, but I have found the Firefly or 85 to be better suited to offensive tank operations.

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »
I disagree. Nothing takes down 'anything' faster than a Tiger. Nothing.
you are absolutely wrong
the M4 is a bit to uber and does need its perks raised.

R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14