Author Topic: Another Tiger Whine  (Read 3468 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Another Tiger Whine
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »
That's not what Orange said.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 07:05:20 PM »
That's not what Orange said.
yes i know,i messed up the insert quote,
Tigers should be rare like they were on the battlefield. Shermans shouldn't. The Firefly was a relatively uncommon model, but we don't have a regular Sherman.

More important, the real purpose of perks as I understand it is to keep historically rare uber planes and GVs from dominating the battlefield. A 262 isn't worth ten F4U-4s, but if half the arena flew 262s the game would be radically changed in a way it wouldn't with more 4-hogs, or with 262s existing but being rare like they are now, and anyone flying non-perked prop fighters might as well stay in the tower. Same for the Tiger. If the perk cost of the Sherman went way up, you'd start seeing a lot more Tigers, plus the Tiger would be all but unbeatable *except* by other high-perk tanks. Panzers and T-34/76s would become useless, just slow M-8s. The Sherman doesn't have anything like that effect because it can be beaten by Panzers and T-34s with favorable circumstances or a little luck.

A better fix IMHO would be to keep the current perk costs but make the armor on the Sherman less effective, more or less equivalent to the Panzer IV.
but at the same time yes he did.

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 01:10:49 AM »
I would pay 100 perks for a Tiger if it was how the Tiger was pre M4 .

But gv's are so messed up & no consitency with them.

I don't care how many perks something costs but as the Firefly can kill a Tiger with relatively ease , as it did in real life, then it should be a comparable cost just for this ability alone.

Someone made some statement before about how Germany had the best stuff that is how they won the war. Geez how naive & stupid a statement.

They did have a lot of good stuff but over whelming numbers makes a huge difference also. If you can sacrifice 4 - 6 normal M4's to try & destroy one Tiger , as was the Americans tactics , that says volumes in itself. Not too mention they huge disregard for those in the M4's that were sacrificed also.

Think some people must watch too many American war movies & confuse them with being real documentries.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:17:09 AM by iwomba »
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch