Author Topic: OFFLINE MISSION  (Read 1511 times)

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
OFFLINE MISSION
« on: April 06, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
i made a small noe furball mission,its not a USRANGER :salute mission,but its not bad.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/a43b9276-8b6f-410a-8272-7aba7d3d9ebd/small-furball-noe

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Re: OFFLINE MISSION
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »
i made a small noe furball mission,its not a USRANGER :salute mission,but its not bad.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/a43b9276-8b6f-410a-8272-7aba7d3d9ebd/small-furball-noe

you always have to start somewhere...

thanks for sharing...

:salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 10:15:30 PM »
Did you play it yourself Danny?  It kept crashing for me til I made several fixes.  Plus the mission just stops out in the middle of the water.  If I may, let me show you what I've done with it so you can compare the two and see where I've made changes.  I'll post it tomorrow evening.  You don't have to use it, but it will be a completed mission for you to look at.

Always good to see another new mission maker.  Keep it up.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »
Did you play it yourself Danny?  It kept crashing for me til I made several fixes.  Plus the mission just stops out in the middle of the water.  If I may, let me show you what I've done with it so you can compare the two and see where I've made changes.  I'll post it tomorrow evening.  You don't have to use it, but it will be a completed mission for you to look at.

Always good to see another new mission maker.  Keep it up.

i flew both sides of it and it worked fine for me,i didnt put a landing segment in because the missions that ive played with landings in them always seem to end before all the nme planes are dead(i like killin all of em lol).thanks for the help and feedback,it took a whole lot of trail and error to get that,was very frustrating at times. :salute

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »
i flew both sides of it and it worked fine for me,i didnt put a landing segment in because the missions that ive played with landings in them always seem to end before all the nme planes are dead(i like killin all of em lol).thanks for the help and feedback,it took a whole lot of trail and error to get that,was very frustrating at times. :salute
what i mean is the missions with the warping segments in them,especially warping to landing seems to happen just as the fight gets good and theres still fighter left to fight.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 06:28:08 PM »
what i mean is the missions with the warping segments in them,especially warping to landing seems to happen just as the fight gets good and theres still fighter left to fight.

you can just change the warp segments to attack segments in the ME. then there should be no warp.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »
OK Danny, here it is:

Download here!

Terrain is mspizza

Things I changed:
-Gave the takeoff segment an alt of 100ft.  Was set to 0 which caused planes to drive off the runway during first turn, instead of flying.
-Gave the 2 mission sides names for players to distinguish which side is which.
-Changed the .wav(music) into AH format using Windows Sound Recorder.  New format is:  PCM, 22kHz, 8bit mono.  This greatly reduces
 file size without losing quality.
-Moved the .wav(music) closer to when the fight starts.
-Added 5 more waypoints/segments to complete the mission(with no warps).
-Included installation instructions.
-File size is now 2.5 Mb from 27Mb

I hope this is ok, as it was not my intention to "steal" your mission.  I did this so you could have a guide to use for future missions.  Use it if you want or keep it how ya got it.  The original mission caused my game to crash because of the original .wav format.  I'm really surprised it worked for you.  Also, remember to tell people which terrain it is on, so they know which one to load.  One last thing, when putting .wavs in the missres folder, put them in a separate folder for each mission.  That way, if you have two .wavs that have the same name for different missions, it will avoid a crashing issue.  In this mission the sound event was still titled the default New Event.  If your next mission also had an event called New Event, and they were both in your missres and not in separate mission folders, the game won't know which to use.  It's always good to name your events.  I hope this helps.  It was just meant to help guide you through some of these things.  Great first mission.  I look forward to seeing more.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 07:49:28 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 02:16:02 AM »
i have updated the mission and reposted it on esnips thanks to USRANGER and his help.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/42a19379-71ae-432c-bdd8-be8bea6b1d3e/NOE_Furball-(2)
thanks for the help USRANGER and the above pic,i added it too the mission,the only promblem i had was the wav sound.for  some reason the wav you coverted to ah form wont play on my pc although i have windows sound recorder,probly same version, os is vista.so for my personal use i just updated the other mission version with the original wav and used yours in the update for everyone that downloads it.could be where i had already coverted it from mp3 to wav idk.the pic was awesome so i used it in the opening.again thanks for the help and im currently workin on another small mission,let you guys know when its ready.

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
Danny & USRanger   :)

Salute  :salute on a well done mission, I'm on Vista OS & can hear the .wav sounds
quite well, congrats on mission, enjoyed flying it.

One question for my edification, I've noticed that the selected plane doesn't auto-
matically launch into the air, one (1) has to rev it up & takeoff.  How can I add the necessary info in noefurball in notepad to remedy that & have the plane launch into the air?

Would u be so kind as to provide the necessary instructions.  Thx for ur courtesies.
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 07:24:51 AM »

One question for my edification, I've noticed that the selected plane doesn't auto-
matically launch into the air, one (1) has to rev it up & takeoff.  How can I add the necessary info in noefurball in notepad to remedy that & have the plane launch into the air?

Would u be so kind as to provide the necessary instructions.  Thx for ur courtesies.

ive never be able to get that to work,anyway its not a long flight and only 400ft off the ground,auto-launch in air is with eng. off and would be a bad idea i think.

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »
Thx Danny, as I stated, the info I sought was for my education, love the music by
Credence Clearwater, brings back happy memories of university days   :D

"Keep on Choogling"  by Credence Clearwater.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:25:23 PM by HellFire »
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."