Author Topic: The new trinity map post #2  (Read 659 times)

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
The new trinity map post #2
« on: April 07, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »
Hello. I have posted about this before but I'm gonna make a new one anyway since it was like Christmas last time i did.

Now, lets begin.
When I look at a map, I look for options. There will always be the "take 15 guys in 110s and hit a town" option or some sort like that as far as I'm concerned. But that is not easy to do since you need a goon to be there waiting or close by. With the new trinity map I can't find places to do this. Infact, with the new trinity map, I cannot find places to furball, defend, or even bomb without climbing to 20K, and fight in the mountain peaks. This is especially hard for goons, because they fly at about 150mph at above 10K (correct me if I'm wrong) and you need to climb to 20K to get to a pass through the mountains. Sure you can fly over the water for 5-6 sectors to get to a base but that takes precious time and resources.

What I'm trying to say is with the new trinity map, I don't see many options as you normally would with most of the other maps. It gets to be a pain and sort of boring IMHO. And to the creators of this map, I mean no offense.

FLAME ON!!! :rock

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: The new trinity map post #2
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »
the Trinity map is no new map. lots of folks been fighting to get it back for a few years now. Trinity is not going anywhere any time soon. sorry to hurt  your feelings here but find a diffrent way to take a base. lots of folks do it find some that are running missions to take some of these bases and join them learn from them.

:aok VIVA LA TRINITY  :aok :salute
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
like kilz said its not a new map but an older one that has been brought back to like,theres no difference in taking bases on this map than any other other than the distance you might have to travel when the arena is set to this map after a reset. as for the mountain ranges you just have to adapt your tatics to account for them,maybe give your goon or goons if your smart a longer head start than usual on most maps.if your refering to the high elevation gv bases on the map then the best way to take them is with a mass gv raid,but its still very possible to be done with aircraft.ive found it better to start with a coastal base first and then move inland....my thoughts anyway :aok

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »
yea once one side gets foothold into someone elses territory it really starts working like any other map..

seems its hard for basetakers to get rolling right at the beginning tho...

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 03:08:44 PM »
yea once one side gets foothold into someone elses territory it really starts working like any other map..

seems its hard for basetakers to get rolling right at the beginning tho...

Yep.and thats really the key
On trinity it makes it very hard to dweeb your way into a foothold in another country.
Gaining that foothold actually takes work. Keeping that foothold takes more work.

to paraphrase what the old man said in the old Smith Barney commercials.
You gain ground the old fashioned way. you "earn it"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
OK, the map is not new, that is not what I'm focusing on. I'm talking about how the "foothold" works. And the foot hold thing, you have a great point, but my main focus is the Himalayan mountains that cut each country off from eachother.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »
Seems to work well.
At any given time there are 3 more arenas up in the mains.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »
the Trinity map is no new map. lots of folks been fighting to get it back for a few years now. Trinity is not going anywhere any time soon. sorry to hurt  your feelings here but find a diffrent way to take a base. lots of folks do it find some that are running missions to take some of these bases and join them learn from them.

:aok VIVA LA TRINITY  :aok :salute

I like trinity.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 04:38:06 PM »
OK, the map is not new, that is not what I'm focusing on. I'm talking about how the "foothold" works. And the foot hold thing, you have a great point, but my main focus is the Himalayan mountains that cut each country off from eachother.

There are a number of "valleys" that cut across, I think they are at 10k in the passes at the max. Starting a goon out 20 minutes early can get it there at about the same time as the rest of your force. Capturing the VB in the mountains also opens up M3 runs to the bases close in on the edge of the mountain range.

Thats one of the things making the game stale, running the same old capture missions over and over and over and ....

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
Any map change is appreciated IMO.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 04:47:54 PM »
Trinity A1 FTW!
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 11:18:41 PM »
resurrect frac 3(I think thats what that map was called)
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 11:56:22 PM »
Yea, Once you get the base past the mountains it becomes a great furball.  :rock
Strokes

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 02:32:15 AM »
resurrect frac 3(I think thats what that map was called)

i believe it ws Frac5

Trinity A1 FTW!

hell ya i didnt even furball tonight i spent all my time at A1 in a WW got 101 kills over there tonight.  :aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 03:43:01 AM »
Panos Love Trinity  :rock