Author Topic: E8400 OC Does it again 4.4GHz | 1956 FSB on AIR!  (Read 1499 times)

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
Re: E8400 OC Does it again 4.4GHz | 1956 FSB on AIR!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 09:49:56 AM »
just a lot of repeating the same thing over and over.  and your assuming i was working a 40 hour week too. fat chance. 60-80 hrs minimum.
With an 80 hour week and 500 rigs, that's one just over 9 mins, and 1000 rigs thats one just under 5 mins.  I am still thinking records.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:36:25 AM by TilDeath »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »
What case? How many fans?  What HSF are you using?  What is ambient temp?   Need to have a little not to much positive air pressure inside the case so help exhaust and get fresh air in to assist the HSF.  Its a must to have a good amount of air flow but enough of an exhaust air to keep the it cooler inside.

I've got a Cooler Master case (below) that's only got single front and rear 120mm fans (set to 100%) plus a side duct (removed to fit my Arctic Freezer 7... smart fan enabled but it never hit 100% during this test... probably 90-95%) plus some other passive venting.  My 8800 GTS 512 vents out the rear and I've got a 780i with the nothbridge fan running 100%.  Ambient temp probably around 70F.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:01:55 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »
well i dont know everything and i ask when i dont. but i have enough experience and have built probably more machines then this forum combined.  only cause i used to build 500-1000 rigs a week (thank god for ghost servers) for  a company that took government and state contracts and we built the machines for them. i did that for almost a year. along with the other builds i've done.  as far as overclocking i am no expert in. i know the principles of it. on my cpu i have now i have oc'ed it. no biggie. the E8400 is a great cpu to overclock its can be fast. but i if you get someone that fries there computer futzing around doing it. what did they really accomplish. OCing isnt for everyone. I've done very well with computers and made alot of money doing it. 95% of the clients i work for a multi-billion dollar companies and they trust me with my work i do for them, cause if i did a piss pour job i wouldnt have one.

What he is saying is he worked on the Dell assembly line and was very good at dropping the computer into the box, with the paper work and taping the box shut  :D

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

What he is saying is he worked on the Dell assembly line and was very good at dropping the computer into the box, with the paper work and taping the box shut  :D

Ahhh... that explains all the "boxes" he's built.   :D

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »
So evil you two. :D

Although how long does it normally take for someone to put one together?

I can put mine together fully in about 10 minutes, assuming I have all the parts ready, and don't drop anything.
I use all the typical parts: 1 Motherboard, 1 CPU, 2 RAM, 1 GPU, 1 Wireless card, 1 Sound Card, 4 Fans, 1 PSU, 1 DVD, 1 Card Reader, 1 LCD monitor (built-in to case), 1 HDD, 2 (1 used) USB ports in Case / Case is Aerocool M40 Cube.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »
I like to take my time doing it, especially if its a new case that I haven't used before.  Like my last major build, it took me a while to figure out that the front panel of the case had to be removed in order to install an external drive in the 3.5" slot.

And unless TheZohan did work an assembly line, the BS flag is flying so high today its in the stratosphere.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »
I've got a Cooler Master case (below) that's only got single front and rear 120mm fans (set to 100%) plus a side duct (removed to fit my Arctic Freezer 7... smart fan enabled but it never hit 100% during this test... probably 90-95%) plus some other passive venting.  My 8800 GTS 512 vents out the rear and I've got a 780i with the nothbridge fan running 100%.  Ambient temp probably around 70F.

(Image removed from quote.)
Sleek looking case but not one that is good for a lot of airflow.  So you are going to see the temps on the upper ends when OCing.  This is why I preach the Tempest case for any build.  But choosing a case is like buying a car, its look does not appeal to everyone. Can you say Chocolate and Vanilla Icecream

Also in my ventures I have found that most ATI GPU's could be used to heat a normal size house in the winter, the 8800's can be used similar to a small space heater.  Love them though, very strong GPU.  I have two 8800GTX's on a Striker Extreme (690i chipset) with 4gb of OCZ 1200 ram, and this thing is awesome.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 11:46:56 AM »

And unless TheZohan did work an assembly line, the BS flag is flying so high today its in the stratosphere.

Time to grab a snorkel, the BS is much deeper than I am tall.  :D
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »

Are you suggesting the Krusty BS meter should be replaced?   :rofl

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »
Are you suggesting the Krusty BS meter should be replaced?   :rofl

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »
It takes me about 3 hours (not including OS install, software etc) to do a build.  I completely disassemble the case so it is just the frame, bore holes for cable management, file & Dremel said holes so no sharpie (not to be confused with the perm marker sharpie) edges.  Route the fan (in some cases fan controller and temp sensors) wires, screw in fans, replace top panel, front panel, install PSU, install HSF on MB, install MB, install HD and DVD/CD, then run cables in my hidie holes to HD and DVD/CD, install mem sticks, install video card and its power connections, did I mention about 40 to 60 zip ties for all wires along with heat shrink on some connections, sleeving some wiring and heat shrinking that.  Plug in do hickeys to back of computer, place power cord in PSU and approiate hole on electrical source,  push button to start, push key to get into BIOS, make BIOS adjustments, open DVD/CD place round disk in side, Save and Reboot, start next rig while OS is installing.... repeat 30+ times per week... oh yea answer phone, do quotes, place orders, tech support, kick workers in bum for not placing Silats PSU power cable in box, go to FedEx, pay bills, raise kids, get some NUM NUM from wife, answer phone again cause Silat is calling again  :eek: um oh yea Shoot some of you down in game at 1am since that's about when my day ends.

Offline RauleDuke

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
get some NUM NUM from wife

Say no more, say no more, say no more.  Nudge, nudge; Wink, wink.  Wink's as good as a nudge to a blind man eh?
Comrade Stalin

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »
Say no more, say no more, say no more.  Nudge, nudge; Wink, wink.  Wink's as good as a nudge to a blind man eh?
LOL a Monty Python... notice no statement about bringing the kids to tennis lessons-matches, guitar and drum lessons, Baseball practice-games, Socker practice-games, school plays and music stuff.

Dang rug rats require to much time.  Anyone looking to adopt 2 very spoiled but very well behaved children boy 11 girl 9, they answer to anything (ie Hey Boy, come here) potty trained, know sit and stay, also Bedtime, both "A" students, will also do some chores as long as it does not interfear with social life and you have cash, we will assist with financial support until our golden years.  If interested call 1-888-GET-AKID

Offline RauleDuke

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
LOL a Monty Python... notice no statement about bringing the kids to tennis lessons-matches, guitar and drum lessons, Baseball practice-games, Socker practice-games, school plays and music stuff.

Dang rug rats require to much time.  Anyone looking to adopt 2 very spoiled but very well behaved children boy 11 girl 9, they answer to anything (ie Hey Boy, come here) potty trained, know sit and stay, also Bedtime, both "A" students, will also do some chores as long as it does not interfear with social life and you have cash, we will assist with financial support until our golden years.  If interested call 1-888-GET-AKID

Kids are expensive pets, we have one of our own, about to turn 16.  She's a full time job and none too cheap.  I really don't know how people with more than one find the time.  At this point we are a bank and taxi service.  I'll be glad when she actually makes it to 16 so I don't have to hear, "Can you take me.....?", any more.
Comrade Stalin

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 04:08:39 PM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:40:10 PM by Skuzzy »
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors