Author Topic: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.  (Read 8391 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question for all the people who call the spitfire 16 a noob plane.
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2009, 04:07:41 PM »
Have you ever flew Cessna 172 in flight simulator? After getting a few hundred hours on that go to a real flight school and sign up for a flight with an instructor. You will know what your doing when you take off, of course you will not be used to physically flying but you will pretty much know what to do.
In groundschool they always tell you to never get your airplane into a spin and your instructor tells you the same thing, but what if your practicing powered stalls and your airplane starts going into a spin? Would you panic because they always tough you to stay away from it or would you know exactly what to do because you simulated it before and stay in control of the plane.

True to some extent. Unintentional stalling in a cessna for a rookie pilot could be almost impossible to recover. You know that feeling of pressure when you fight someone 1 on 1 instead of picking through the hordes? Just that slight increase in mental challenge is often enough to make foolish mistakes. Now imagine the sudden and unexpected mental challenge of flying with your one real life and looking out of the cockpit of a spinning cessna 152 at 2000ft. All you have is this crappy flight yoke with auto co-ordinated rudder and about 15 seconds to save your own life. Easy to waste those 15 seconds in reality.  :(
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2009, 04:10:59 PM »
Very similar to the Luftweenie "land trout" maneuvers ?
Exactly the same I'd hazard as those "maneuvers" are done using aircraft with high roll rate.  I bet a Ki-84 or F4U could do them too.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2009, 04:20:12 PM »
Lev was a respected player and he could pretty much out fly anyone in a Spitfire.

ack-ack

Well clearly!  If a top stick flies the spitfire nobody will touch him.  I don't generally have a problem with it because it opens up the avenue to engage into 2v1s,3v1s,4v1s, and have a legitimate chance to own them all.  When it comes to being a top stick and engaging in an even 1v1 in the MA... it's like breaking a walnut with a sledgehammer when much much less can get the job done.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2009, 05:11:24 PM »
Very similar to the Luftweenie "land trout" maneuvers ?

Is that the negative G tuna taco? That was video lesson four in Agent360s training films for the K4

:D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:14:01 PM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »
wow, 1 day and it's already 7 pages long, now I got to answer everything for the past 4 pages  :furious

But I love it, when noobs fly the 16! When the pilot thinks he has the ultimate killing machine with unlimited speed and manouverability and lazer cannons, and I get him with my (t)rusty old 109-G6 with 100% gas and gondolas climbing towards him from underneath almost stalling... That makes me feel that I don't totally suck in this game! But now that I have told this, every noob in a 16 will run when they see my G6, and so will every P51 and N1k1, and goodbye to any kills  :cry
In tour 111 I killed 13 spit 16s and got killed by them ones (in F4U-1D). So I would say a spitfire 16 does not do that much help to a newb pilot.

It's a silly question because in real life everything was different.  The fights were usually higher up, most kills were when pilots were taken by surprise, etc. etc.  No one is going to complain about having a Spit 16 in real life because it is, in fact, a life or death scenario.  This is a video game, people should expect to die, and actually try to challenge themselves.
So you don't care about being shot down in aces high?
I never expect to die when I fly, and usually it does not happen.

Is this a serious question?
No, I'm joking and I made this thread to waist everybody's time. :uhoh  :O

In real life I would be in the states anyway.
Spitfires flew with USAAF

In real life most of the folks that fly in here would be dead first sortie.
100% agreed

I think my response would be along the lines of...

"Sir, yes sir. May I speak freely? I feel that my assignment to a Spitfire Mk XVI is not the most efficient allocation of resources. With the time and money spent on my training, would it not be possible I be assigned to a Harrier GR9 or Eurofighter Typhoon so I have some hope of survival?"
amm....lol?

Sounds like that is more of your problem than the other players.  Why do you care if a veteran player decideds to fly the Spitfire?  Were is it written that if you reach a certain level of experience that you should hop into a more 'advanced' plane? 

ack-ack

A guy who flys nothing but P-51 could find a spit or a Hurri a "challenge"
:aok

Its a lot easier to win those 5v1s or better in a spit 16 than a 38 imo and I believe the spit 16 is a joke for that exact reason.  When it can be considered easy to win against those kind of odds, and not challenging at all its definitely the plane.
Please post a film of you winning a 5v1 in a Spitfire Mk XVI and show us all how easy it is.

ack-ack
Yes please, I would like to see that 2

<<---is flying the Spit IX in Tunisia and the Spit V in FSO this month.  :devil
Been flying spitfire for the past 3 FSOs  :D (got a C202 in Tunisia  :furious :cry :furious)

Help me understand something ... "flown in a manner not consistent with dweebery" ... how exactly does one fly a Spit in a dweebery manner ?

Well clearly!  If a top stick flies the spitfire nobody will touch him.
I have a K/D of 11.75 in an F4U-4, does it mean that it's a noob plane as well?

"Вы слышали о новой Yak3"
grammatical error
"Вы слышали о новом Yak3"  lol
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:40:28 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »
I have a K/D of 11.75 in an F4U-4, does it mean that it's a noob plane as well?

I'm assuming since this point has absolutely nothing to do with the point I made, you are trying to toot your horn as if you have accomplished something impressive.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2009, 11:49:04 PM »
I'm assuming since this point has absolutely nothing to do with the point I made, you are trying to toot your horn as if you have accomplished something impressive.

not at all, just saying that it's not just spitfire
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2009, 12:08:35 AM »
not at all, just saying that it's not just spitfire

Ah...well according to that logic, I will fly a P40E like a timid fool and rack up a 30K/D in the first 8 days of the tour and then say how it is the most leet plane in the game and show my fighter stats as proof.   :rolleyes: 

The Spit16 is easy mode, but who cares.  If you enjoy absolutely crushing enemies in 3 seconds instead of 10 seconds, then fly the Spit.  Just don't be surprised that people will assume it was the plane that beat them(not the pilot) and won't give you the appropriate respect you deserve for the fight.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2009, 01:38:03 AM »
If a top stick flies the spitfire nobody will touch him.

Your saying that if an experienced pilot fly's the spitfire it will be extremely hard to shoot him down. I just gave you an example that it's not just the spitfire, if a pilot knows what he is doing they can be "unstoppable" in any airplane. Now you just gave me another example of that:
I will fly a P40E like a timid fool and rack up a 30K/D in the first 8 days of the tour and then say how it is the most leet plane in the game and show my fighter stats as proof.

Oh and BTW, non of your scores show you having a K/D of 30 in P-40E, you have 0 p40 kills in tour 110 and you did not fly at all in tour 111.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2009, 01:43:10 AM »
if a pilot knows what he is doing they can be "unstoppable" in any airplane.

Yes, but the bare minimum level of skill to reach "unstoppable" in a spit is much much lower than in almost every other plane type in the game.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2009, 01:47:36 AM »
Yes, but the bare minimum level of skill to reach "unstoppable" in a spit is much much lower than in almost every other plane type in the game.

true, but that brings me back to an something I said earlier in the thread

The reason why I started this thread is to see weather most people just disrespect it because it's easy to fly and alot of un-experienced people fly it or for some other reason. On 200 I see alot of people calling it dweebfire, noobfire, or what ever it was, the problem I have with that is it's a spitfire and it earned it place in history. Therefore it should be respected, no matter who fly's it.

Today one of our bases fell under attack of a bish CV and there were just not enough rooks to protect it. I took of on a spitfire 16 because it was about 5-7 rooks vs 20+bish. I'm pretty sure all thous bish were screaming get that noob or something like that just because I was in spitfire 16, but what do you expect me to take? P-40? 190? P-38? Tiffy? For a low alt outnumbered defense mission. And even thought I was on a superior aircraft it was not easy because I was outnumbered. During my 1st sorti I ran out of ammo and went back to base, I landed 6 kills, and i'm pretty sure about 80% of the people that were online and sow it thought "what a noob". You tell me, what that a noob thing to do? Or should have I just ditched the kills like one guy in my old squad did ones because he was ashamed of being seen in spitfire 16?

see sometimes when your outnumbered you need a good airplane that will be superior to a single enemy fighter. However if you do win that fight and come back home with a hole bunch of kills you will be disrespected for flying that airplane. And in reality people don't even know what the situation was.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:55:39 AM by MachFly »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2009, 07:13:25 AM »
Sir! Thank you for the opportunity you have given me! I have been in the squad now for several months and my sten gun has served me well, but i would prefer to move on to something more challenging to test my metal; therefore i am placing this requisition in writing for a .22 pistol with limited ammunition and also am returning any other military issued weapons.
 Please send all further correspondence to a place the men in the clean white coats call the "saliva yard"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2009, 07:23:57 AM »
... if a pilot knows what he is doing they can be "unstoppable" in any airplane.
no
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2009, 07:28:52 AM »
guess

you are a real dweeb if you think the spit 16 is to hard to fly, and so you decide to take a LA7  :D

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2009, 07:31:38 AM »
Lev was a respected player and he could pretty much out fly anyone in a Spitfire.
ack-ack

True, true.  But Lev could pretty much outfly anyone in any plane.  Same with Shane in the La7, and Batfink in whatever he's flying at the moment, perhaps a few others I haven't met.  Those people have reached that Nirvana level where any particular aircraft gives them no unusual advantage because they already have very unusual skill.  For the rest of us, the Spits are a crutch.

- oldman