Author Topic: Controls resetting  (Read 413 times)

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
Controls resetting
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »
I got mode 1 and 3 for Stick and rudder setup.
Everytime I start AH I have to reconfigure everything and sometime after flying. I also have to reset some buttons sometimes.

non-usb Ch-pro rudders used with an adaptor to USB.
CH 568 combatstick, which I hate since you need 6 inch thumbs to reach the 8-way hat switch and one other button. (I use keypad for hat switch and can view every angle quickly)

Anyone know why this setup needs to be reconfigured often and at startup?

Is there a .cfg file I can make read only or something to hold these settings permanently?

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Controls resetting
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
I don't know why, but I have had the same thing happen.  I have the same set up plus a CH throttle.  I don't lose every button, only maybe half.  Mostly on the throttle.

It hasn't happened lately but I have suspected it has something to do with if I get booted or the computer locks up and I have to pull the plug to get a reboot.  Windows not getting finish "saving your programs">  Why it would need to save something that has not been changed I don't know.

I have more trouble with my rudder's calibration range randomly changing from 0-1500ish-3200ish to 0-3100ish-6400ish.  Random recalibration at random start ups.

I'm curious to see what the cause is also.

And, I'm with you on the hat switch on the stick.  i use the hat on the throttle for views.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »
I got mode 1 and 3 for Stick and rudder setup.
Everytime I start AH I have to reconfigure everything and sometime after flying. I also have to reset some buttons sometimes.

non-usb Ch-pro rudders used with an adaptor to USB.
CH 568 combatstick, which I hate since you need 6 inch thumbs to reach the 8-way hat switch and one other button. (I use keypad for hat switch and can view every angle quickly)

Two questions:

Are you sure it's the game settings you need to reset or maybe reload the stick in windows (CH Manager)?

Are you using a Powered USB Hub?

Ren
Aces High Training Corps

Anyone know why this setup needs to be reconfigured often and at startup?

Is there a .cfg file I can make read only or something to hold these settings permanently?

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »
I'm using a powered USB hub.  Pedals are through a USB adapter, obviously.  All three and my mouse are plugged into the same powered USB hub.

My rudder "issue" with having to recalibrate often has been going on forever.  Less for a while but it has picked up again lately.

Losing Stick/Throttle settings has happened two or three times only and only recently.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 01:43:44 AM »
I haven't even setup CH manager after this latest win xp install.

Ch manager does not recognize or configure Ch pro rudders that is connected via USB adaptor.
The problem is not limited to the rudders.

Both the rudders and combat-stick can be setup without CH manager in win-xp
I used Ch manager before this recent win-xp install and had the same problems and the rudders were connected via Gameport.. Fresh install after building my phenom II system.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 02:16:40 AM »
I've never even installed CH Manager.  I just calibrate in windows and set up and calibrate in game.  It hasn't happened lately, other than the rudder.

Just a PITA when it does happen.  I can't remember what's set to what half the time.   :eek:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 08:29:35 AM »
Well, I'm glad to hear this problem isn't relegated to only Saitek sticks (my x52 loses calibration mid-flight almost daily... although far less since I uninstalled the profile manager software as mentioned in this forum).

<S> Good luck figuring out the problem!

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
I haven't even setup CH manager after this latest win xp install.

Ch manager does not recognize or configure Ch pro rudders that is connected via USB adaptor.
The problem is not limited to the rudders.

Both the rudders and combat-stick can be setup without CH manager in win-xp
I used Ch manager before this recent win-xp install and had the same problems and the rudders were connected via Gameport.. Fresh install after building my phenom II system.

I currently use all CH USB products: Fighterstick, USB Throttle and USB Pro Pedals.
I gang them together in the Manager, nothing more. I saved the ganged set.
When I log into my computer, which I turn off after flying, I immediately bring up the CH Manager and DL the
ganged set to the stick. I do it every time my computer is shut off for any reason.
All my stick settings are then set up in AH2.

If I don't the DL to the stick on startup, 50% of the time the stick is partially inop.

One of the earliest issues I had with CH was they didn't "flash" the stick with the settings (unavailable).
TM did and I think I dl'd the stick settings maybe 2X in the 4-5 years I used it.

You might want to give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Ren
Aces High Training Corps

On a side note...
Speaking of CH shortfalls. They are only set up for 32 buttons. And yes, I use all 32 of them and have room  for 28 more with a MFP thats not usable due to their self imposed button limit. I wonder when they plan to increase it since they are making products that allow more than 32 buttons.