Author Topic: Here's to the Haters  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Here's to the Haters
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 01:18:59 AM »

You know I was reading or watching something on the Poles that flew for the Raf and after some investigation it was determined that the Poles were the only Raf pilots that ever shot German Pilots in there parachutes. And when one surviving Pole pilot was asked about it he said he did it more than once, because they were fighting the eastern war and they didn't fly for honer but to kill Germans because of there country being occupied. 

And if you believe that the Poles were the only RAF pilots to shoot chutes, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.   That applies to suggesting that pilots from any country as a standard practice shot at pilots in chutes.  Pilots from every country did, but I'd suggest it was a minority of combat pilots as I would imagine most probably could see the situation reversed and trust they would have a chance to survive if having to take to their chutes.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline KingRat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 04:30:12 AM »
I'm sure pilots from all participating air forces shot enemy pilots either in chutes, in the water after they ditched, or on the ground after they belly landed.   RAF pilots couldn't have been an exception.   British pilots were desperately defending their homeland just like the Poles tried to do, and I'm sure were just about as aggressive about it.  Most of the accounts I've heard the pilots excused this by saying the enemy pilot was good and they could be saving their countrymen from being shot down by the guy later. 

As far as the early planes...I wish more people would feel that way about early models: maybe the early war and midwar arenas would be worth the server space if significant numbers of players wanted to fly spit 5 against 109E etc.  As it is very few people fly in there and it's a little boring, and in fact finishing number one overall in early war isn't regarded as much of an accomplishment.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 06:42:44 AM »
Hey I think you miss understand my intentions, I was not trying to be disrespectful. I was only trying to make the point that even though the Brits were fighting to save from occupation, The Polish pilots were fighting A whole different war then the Brits. And the fact about the Polish Pilots shooting chutes, well there were a lot of accusations and the only ones they could prove were the ones against the the Polish Squad, because they admitted it. :salute 
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 07:06:19 AM »
If I have learned anything in the past month or so, it is to be respectful of differing styles of gameplay. I may not find it all fun (certain things in particular), but who am I to judge for someone else?

That said, I don't blame the Polish squadrons if they did kill the Axis while they floated down in their chutes, particularly if it was over occupied Europe. The Poles lost everything, they had nothing to lose killing those that wore the uniform of those that destroyed Poland.

Besides, it was done by all sides. Here is a first hand account...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LVlYJ5eJU
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Whitey33

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 07:12:24 AM »
Good luck with your 303 tour Banshee :salute
www.ilmavoimat.fi/index_en.php  Finnish Air Force

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 07:23:48 AM »
Have a fun tour Banshee  :salute
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
Banshee, don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bushel, it's a game! Fly what you want, when you want. I can't believe there would really be anyone who cared what you flew, but I'm wrong alot of the time  :D. Its a game and only a game, at the end of the day we are all dweebish  :rofl :rofl

:salute

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 08:51:49 AM »
If someone was actually talking trash about this, then dweebery has been taken to a hole nutha level.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 10:36:19 AM »
Like I said, I will continue flying my 303 tour.

Waystin:

I agree.  Even after I explained to him and the rest of the arena WHY I was flying the planes, he still called it dweeby.  That's just one case
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »
Banshee is such a dweeb..... he said Hooters is sponsoring his next tour.  :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »
Neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie!  :lol

I think it's a great idea, Banshee. More power to you!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:00:48 AM by Crash Orange »

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »

You know I was reading or watching something on the Poles that flew for the Raf and after some investigation it was determined that the Poles were the only Raf pilots that ever shot German Pilots in there parachutes. And when one surviving Pole pilot was asked about it he said he did it more than once, because they were fighting the eastern war and they didn't fly for honer but to kill Germans because of there country being occupied. 

Honer? A harmonica? Chuck Yeagar absolutely said he shoot a chute. He thought, "why face the S.O errrr dude again?"

Ren

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 12:28:37 PM »
<---is a Pole. No matter what people say about them, they were dam smart.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 01:34:19 PM »
   y a w n  !   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »
   y a w n  !   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Says the one who is named after a "low budget thriller" from 1990.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC