Author Topic: mazda miata  (Read 2444 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: mazda miata
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 10:18:25 AM »
had a customer that added a turbo, and an intercooler.......his ran 11.9's street legal.

That's a freakin' fast Miata. The only reason I'd prefer a V8 over that setup is the sound. I think loud 4 cylinder engines sound like crap. The exception is the Subaru Boxer motor. Those sound very cool and turbo-ed can make gobs of power. Hmmm, now that would be a way cooler motor swap than the S2000 IMO. I am actually planning (when $ allows) to do a stroked V8 1st generation Miata. The STi motor tuned up to about 500hp would be a nice alternative. Hearing the rush of the turbo inhaling and the blow-off valve popping was wicked on my WRX. Adding another 200 HP and dropping 1000 pounds would make one fun ride. And a nice coffin.  :devil
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 10:29:55 AM »
I think loud 4 cylinder engines sound like crap.
Surly you're not including my 9K screaming banshee? ;)
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »

Volkswagen Scirocco 16V MKII

Get one of these instead......
It's German, it's faster, handles better, looks better and you get to keep your testicles..
Probably a better chance at survival in a serious accident as well..
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:24 AM »
As soon as I saw this thread topic I knew everyone was going to say that the Miata is a girl's car.

Funny that the curves of the Miata remind me of the Spitfire. :devil
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 10:55:31 AM »
If you need a small car, yet want to keep your dignity, perhaps one of these will suffice...

/\                                                                     /\
                                  l                                                                       l
                   Ok, you may have give up partial masculinity if you drive this one only because it's French..

Also, I'd think you would be more likely to get one of these for the price of your AR15..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:01:12 AM by Anodizer »

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 10:59:51 AM »
As soon as I saw this thread topic I knew everyone was going to say that the Miata is a girl's car.

Funny that the curves of the Miata remind me of the Spitfire. :devil

It's all subjective, but I don't understand the swooning over the "beauty" of the Spitfire. It is a decent looking plane except for those wings.
They remind me of Kathy Bates in the hot tub scene in About Schmidt. I so wish I never saw that.

LeCar... :rofl
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
For your viewing pleasure............

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
Sounds like you want a drivers car.

Skip all this crap and get the ultimate driving machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_New_Class#2002_.282-door.29

The journey is the destination.

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »
Well balanced, high power to weight, excellent visibility, cheap and simple to work on. It can carry an extra engine in its own trunk. You can lift the entire motor out by hand. Performance parts have been made for decades and can be found cheap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_ewZ4oHMIs

Oh yea, it'll go strait too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-YX-p9xDaU

Who said they didn't like the sound of a blown 4 cylinder?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGscg6Zl8rA&feature=related

Bottom line, for a fraction of the cost you could have one of these turning laps around a Mazda or any of the newer small 2 door sports cars. They don't call it the ultimate driving machine for nothing, I've never driven a car that is more user friendly, easy and fun to drive. The driver's position and visibility alone put it literally head and shoulders above anything in its class.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:19:55 AM by AKHog »
The journey is the destination.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »
This thread was guaranteed to bring out rampant masculine insecurity. :rolleyes:  If you define yourself by what you drive, then you're a pathetic shallow person. :D  Reminds me of a friend who said he'd never be caught dead in a pink shirt. I explained to him that women would love it, and besides, a real man isn't afraid of a color.

Sounds like you want a drivers car.

Skip all this crap and get the ultimate driving machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_New_Class#2002_.282-door.29

(Image removed from quote.)
This guy knows his rides. :aok  2002's were great, but frankly I'd rather have an M3. I have a "driver's car". It rewards skill, and punishes stupidity severely.  :uhoh
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 11:23:16 AM »
If you're into that type of car why not a Honda S2000. Never seen  a Miata with a V8 transplant before.BS till I see it :rolleyes:

NO MODs
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:02:52 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
Surly you're not including my 9K screaming banshee? ;)

Only if you don't have a fart can and whale-tail spoiler on it.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »
Only if you don't have a fart can and whale-tail spoiler on it.
You left out the "underglow" lighting and the 3 foot woofers designed to crack the welds in the car sitting beside you. Nope, no riceboy crap in my garage. I have a '91 CRX as well. Original owner, 260K+ miles, lowered but otherwise externally stock. Amazingly reliable considering how I've treated it for 18 years. Actually easier to drive fast than the S2K.

To be honest though, I am close to dropping a B18C5 in the CRX. Would that make me a Riceboy, or just a suicidal middle-aged man? :D

If you're into that type of car why not a Honda S2000. Never seen  a Miata with a V8 transplant before.BS till I see it :rolleyes:
BTW, that's not a stock S2K. Looks like a Mugen front bumper.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:54:12 AM by Cthulhu »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »
If you need a small car, yet want to keep your dignity, perhaps one of these will suffice...

/\                                                                     /\
                                  l                                                                       l
                   Ok, you may have give up partial masculinity if you drive this one only because it's French..

Also, I'd think you would be more likely to get one of these for the price of your AR15..

knew a guy that had an 8.5 second chevette, one with a 9 second pinto
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »
knew a guy that had an 8.5 second chevette, one with a 9 second pinto
The old Renault 5 Turbo was certainly no slouch either. And it was a factory car.