Author Topic: Dont be skeered  (Read 892 times)

Offline Twist

• Nickel Member
Dont be skeered
« on: April 10, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »
So there I was, racking up GV kills in an A20 when I get this PM that says 'I am filming now'. Of course, the first thing I did was comb my hair. The second thing I did was to inquire as to why? No reply.

I gather this player did not appreciate me blowing up his cartoon over and over and over at the spawn point. Well heck, I thought that was part of the game.

I've gotten the 'I dont give a damn' replies before when I told someone they were warpy. So what. Happened last night, guy in a JUG warped backwards and flew by me 3 times. I told him and got the ol 'I know you are but what am I' nonsense. I'm still going to let folks know if their connection is hosed. It's what any one of us is expected to do.

So don't be skeered, just tell folks they warping when more than one person sees it. As for the night in question, no one else saw a problem with my connection so I guess next time I'll fly lower and give the flaks a better shot. Hey, I'm just trying to help out. :lol
Razer

Hellcat FG

"They porked the Hellcat? Why did they do that?"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Dont be skeered
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 07:22:59 PM »
So there I was, racking up GV kills in an A20 when I get this PM that says 'I am filming now'. Of course, the first thing I did was comb my hair.
:lol
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:05:54 PM »
More that once I have had to ask my squaddies if I was warping, because I would see a couple of cons warp at the same time.  That usually indicates to me that I am the one warping. 
I see no reason for somebody to get an attitude if they are advised that they are warping.  They should just say ty and re-log.
Pretty simple.

100Coogn
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »
 :rofl
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »
The 1st two lines were worth the price of admission!!  :rofl

Classic.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 09:43:29 PM »
 :lol
Strokes

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 10:40:47 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »
So there I was, racking up GV kills in an A20 when I get this PM that says 'I am filming now'. Of course, the first thing I did was comb my hair.

I will start a best quote thread sometime this year, and this will be my nominee.  :rofl :rofl :rofl
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 12:10:11 AM »

:rofl :rofl  classic

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 01:42:37 AM »
I've never been told that I'm warping. If it happens if relog without a second thouht. What I'm curious about is, what does it look like from their perspective when a warp happens? I get stutters sometimes and ask if I had warped over range channel. Noone has said yes yet so I keep on going. Can anyone describe what happens on their front end during a warp?

To the op, did you fix the mullet or just add more gel? Just kidding. <S>
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 02:10:09 AM »
I've never been told that I'm warping. If it happens if relog without a second thouht. What I'm curious about is, what does it look like from their perspective when a warp happens? I get stutters sometimes and ask if I had warped over range channel. Noone has said yes yet so I keep on going. Can anyone describe what happens on their front end during a warp?

To the op, did you fix the mullet or just add more gel? Just kidding. <S>

I had a warping problem when I first started and I know first hand warping sucks for both parties involved.  I hated it felt like I was cheating me and the bad guy out of a fair fight.  Got it fixed and it turned out to be a very easy fix at that.  Just had to change my power setting on my computer.  When I see someone warping I send a nice PM letting them now and tell them I will try to help them if I can.  I have helped several people that way....and some I couldn't help.  Most of the time it's a computer setting that messing things up.  If it's a connection issue there is nothing I or HTC can fix. 

The "stutters" you see are either and laggy hop on the way to or from HTC.  Or it is just your computer loading a new sound or graphic into the ram.  When I log on I send a few moments jumping to the different types of bases and spinning my views around to load as many things as I can.  Great when there is a very busy base you can load alot of graphics, skins and sounds. 

Oh and combing your hair was a good touch so when HTC sees the film you'll look good when they laugh at it.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »
definitely good line :rofl
been there destroyed that

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 11:59:53 AM »
I see no reason for somebody to get an attitude if they are advised that they are warping.  They should just say ty and re-log.
Pretty simple.

But if I relog, I might not get back into my sacred Orange arena where only real men fly.  :cry
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »
So there I was, racking up GV kills in an A20 when I get this PM that says 'I am filming now'. Of course, the first thing I did was comb my hair. The second thing I did was to inquire as to why? No reply. :rock
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...