Author Topic: 1.05 potental wind problem....  (Read 388 times)

TheWobble

1.05 potental wind problem....
« on: December 23, 2000, 08:11:00 PM »
The wind in Ah is nice and all but there is no way other than to ask the host which way it is blowing from, i find this especally disconcerning for 105 because carrier ops will be a prob unless you can point yer flat top into the wind, and not knowing which way the wind is blowing would make this hard...get where im coming from?

Especally the H2H folks that just love that 70 mph wind on the deck crap    

So i tink there shoud be a windsock on the tower or at all the ends of the runways and on the carrier, or at least some way to know which way the wind is bliowing.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2000, 09:09:00 PM »
U won't be able to steer the carrier into the wind.  The highest ranked (score?) player on your team is the only one that can steer it.  I doubt wind will be an issue with carrier ops.

Oops of course i wasn't considerin H2H, but .. then why would I?  

I remember when wind was first released HT said he would figure out a way to indicate wind on the map...  that was a long time ago...  mebbe he'll get to it soon

AKskurj

[This message has been edited by SKurj (edited 12-23-2000).]

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2000, 06:26:00 AM »
I am still not very convinced about this whole player controled carrier option. I like the idea of having the players control them but I can see that there is a lot of troublesom probabilities.

Think about it. If the highest scoring pilot is a 12 year old kid from timbucktoo who thinks it would be cool to send the CV off the map so no one else can use it?

This is my main concern.
Pointing your CV into the wind should be a problem! Why should it not be. If there is a side wind on your carrier deck then you are going to have a snowball in hells chance of taking off.

But then when the CV is on route people are going to need to take off anyway so I do see the other point of view here.
I sure hope it works out