Author Topic: An Open Invitation  (Read 1038 times)

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
Re: An Open Invitation
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 05:38:41 PM »
I was in there not too long ago, killed this one person (forget name).  Understanding that people do not like to lose, I expected him to come back for revenge.  While fighting (and checking 6) I spot him coming.  I used his aggresion against him and killed him again.  Next he came in higher, I used his alt against him.  Next he came in a fast plane and out-turned and killed him.

So obviously, this was not a very skilled person.  No problem with it, it's just the way it is.  If he were to ask me politely how I killed him 6 times and a couple others in a single sortie, I would have taken him to a private field and wouldve worked with him.

However this person (as killz put it) thought he was gods gift to AH and procced to chastize me on 200 for whatever, cheating HOing, BnZing you name it.

A personality like this is not going to get much help, especially in a "practice arena".  The big show is the MA, not the DA.  Dont whine and cry in the DA.

A little respect and or a <S> goes along way with more experienced players.  Be nice, maybe you will get some advise on tactics, moves, SA, general knowledge of specific capabilities of specific aircraft.

-HB

ps I didnt offer any help   :t
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »
I know I had a hard time getting anyone to stick with me, 1v1 me or anything for stick help.
I'm the same player pretty much as I was when I started.

S

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »
I was in there not too long ago, killed this one person (forget name).  Understanding that people do not like to lose, I expected him to come back for revenge.  While fighting (and checking 6) I spot him coming.  I used his aggresion against him and killed him again.  Next he came in higher, I used his alt against him.  Next he came in a fast plane and out-turned and killed him.

So obviously, this was not a very skilled person.  No problem with it, it's just the way it is.  If he were to ask me politely how I killed him 6 times and a couple others in a single sortie, I would have taken him to a private field and wouldve worked with him.

However this person (as killz put it) thought he was gods gift to AH and procced to chastize me on 200 for whatever, cheating HOing, BnZing you name it.

A personality like this is not going to get much help, especially in a "practice arena".  The big show is the MA, not the DA.  Dont whine and cry in the DA.

A little respect and or a <S> goes along way with more experienced players.  Be nice, maybe you will get some advise on tactics, moves, SA, general knowledge of specific capabilities of specific aircraft.

-HB

ps I didnt offer any help   :t
I am a noob and ive been killed at least six times by the same person before and all i do is keep coming back. maybee its because i like punishment or that i am a sucker for hurt . i dont know . but , i dont get mad i just finnaly leave an go find someone else to kill me six times.
 I am getting better and i do ask for help when i do ask i get " im too busy or sorry i cant at the moment "
Its not thier fault its just timing. So i just go about my day and try to get better
the da is for fight and dueling and the ta is for training at least i thought
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 02:09:50 PM »
     I see all kinds of posts complaining about the "horrors" taking place in the DA and to some extent, the MA.  HO's, pics, poor skills, bad form, those distasteful noobs, the whole gamut.  Evidently many of you come to the DA, spend a half hour or so, leave in disgust and then post your complaints and suggestions on what us new guys ought to do, how we should behave, what we should fly and how we should fly them.   
     What I haven't observed is any of you coming to the DA and offering to help.  Why don't some of you Vet Sticks out there get together, spend a few hours a week or month in the DA and school us noobs.  Put on a clinic, show us your stuff and interact with us.  I think everyone would benefit from this and I personally would be honored to get to meet and fly with you guys.
     I know there are trainers (seems like precious few) and everyone should do their homework and read (I do!) but not everyone does.  Maybe if you pro's would invest a little time, it would break the ice, show some people the benefits of training and just overall help the game improve for everyone.
     Have some fun with it, form an "Uber Squadron" and capture the map, then when you have everyone's attention bring out your patience and experience to help us become worthy opponents and squad mates.
     So in the spirit of better gamemanship, I invite you, come to the DA and be a mentor or inspiration to us noobs.  The state the game is in, or will be in, is just as much in your hands as in ours.  Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Learn where to learn and how to learn before posting this type of garbage.

Your in the wrong arena. Go to the TA and you can get help. You can do it in the DA but not at the lake. Setup a 1 on 1 session to get some pointers. You don't do that by hanging out in the DA either..... go to the TA or talk to someone you see in the MAs that seems to know what they are doing, preferably in a plane you'd like to learn. From what I have seen of the lake, you'll only pickup poor habits and not learn your ride very thoroughly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 02:13:43 PM »
Why don't some of you Vet Sticks out there get together, spend a few hours a week or month in the DA and school us noobs.  Put on a clinic, show us your stuff and interact with us.  I think everyone would benefit from this and I personally would be honored to get to meet and fly with you guys.

As has been stated, this has been tried on more than a few occasions.

The primary reason you see more squeaking than anything else, with respect to gameplay, be it specific to the DA or not, is because after several months of extending an open hand to help and getting it slapped away by children who think themselves above assistance, we've pretty much thrown in that towel.

You can lead a horse to water, as they say, but you cant make him drink.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 02:41:05 PM »
I'm will to teach people who are willing to learn and come to me personally.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
Until I can whoop Shuffler repeatedly, I will thirst for knowledge and seek it out wherever I can! Even from him lol!  :D
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 11:06:56 PM »
I was just in there and all I can say is, WOW. The kind of crap that those kids were typing would get you muted, kicked, and banned if you said it any any other arena. Most of it was coming from 'gosthntr' and 'WGTr1gg', but with all those people in there you would think people would report them but no. I was in there for almost an hour and they never stopped with the "mamas sucking ****s" or "this guy takes it up the ****"

I can deal with some trash talk since its expected in games but Jesus HTC needs a few MODs in there to tone it down.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner