Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 27805 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #750 on: May 06, 2009, 09:34:55 AM »

Run, run, run, run, grow balls, turn around and HO.  50/50 chance of getting a kill.  Maybe you might even make it out with most of your control surfaces and an intact radiator.

I dont know you all that well, Lusche, but what bothers me is that an AH Trainer is not only flying this way, but seemingly encouraging it.

Where do you read that from my post that I do "Run, run, run, run and HO?" or am encouraging such a thing?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #751 on: May 06, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »
I can't imagine accusing Lusche of being a runner.  Picker perhaps.  Alt monkey, I can see that one.  Plenty of names to call him, just not runner.  ;)

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #752 on: May 06, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »
Where do you read that from my post that I do "Run, run, run, run and HO?" or am encouraging such a thing?

Um... the cumulative discussion? 

Example cited.
Pee51 ran from a co-E, 1v1 engagement and I had to chase him for three sectors and through the AAA of two airfields and one vehicle base.

Suggestion that the P51 was running on purpose.
My bet is that the P51 you were chasing was having a ball dragging you around on a leash  :devil

You state that you plead guilty to the behavior.
I plead guilty.
I do that sometimes to La-7's when flying a Tempest. I fly at 7.5k, where I can fly faster at MIL than they can do at WEP, then I just keep 'em at D1000... and drag 'em deeper and deeper into my country's territory, looking back over my shoulder with a big smile on my face.
 :devil

Grizz suggests that you just turn around and throw some hizzookas at him.
:lol Why not just turn and kill him with the hispanos?

You confirm that that's pretty much what you do.
Oh, that's what I'm doing most of the time. Or better: I try, for occasionally I fail, the LA prevails and 50 perks are down the drain :D

What did you miss?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #753 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »
I am trying to figure out how flying your planes strength against enemy cons is a bad thing.  Help?!?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #754 on: May 06, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
its not a bad thing.  I agree that it can be taken to the extreem, but I disagree that going to the opposite end of the specrtum, and suggest utter stupidity is the "correct" way to fly.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 06, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »
Um... the cumulative discussion? 

Example cited.
Suggestion that the P51 was running on purpose.
You state that you plead guilty to the behavior.
Grizz suggests that you just turn around and throw some hizzookas at him.
You confirm that that's pretty much what you do.
What did you miss?

Uhmm you are just making a lot of assumptions and reading a lot into my posts what's definitely not there.

First, I said "sometimes" about that "drag-the-La" thing. Which is a little dweebish fun I happen to do maybe once per tour, probably even less.

Grizz indeed asked why I just do not shoot him down with my hizookas. I said, that's what I'm triyng most of the time. Nowhere I stated I would run & HO - thats just your assumption.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #756 on: May 06, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »
going to the opposite end of the specrtum, and suggest utter stupidity is the "correct" way to fly.
Murdr - I must've missed those posts where that's argued for?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #757 on: May 06, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »
Why were you one of five on me the other night?

Don't just type it. Do it.

Well as you will see I typed try not too. But that particular night...I don't believe I ever engaged you when more than 2 friendlies were on you, unless you had earlier engaged me. I had even said on range to keep it fair and have max 2-1. Unfortunately some don't listen or weren't in range.

That was also a swings and roundabouts area there.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #758 on: May 06, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
Utter Stupidity is only the right way to fly when going NOE in a 110 to sink the cruiser.......... As I often do.........  Technically speaking, as from squadies dialogue, "You are utterly stupid LLogann!"  "But hey, you sunk it, gj."

suggest utter stupidity is the "correct" way to fly.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #759 on: May 06, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
had a vet today in a p-51 follow behind me while I tried to drag a hellcat out where we could have a decent fight.  The p-51 pulled up and off about 2.5k behind me, and appeared to be heading the 1/2 sector back to where there were plenty of planes.... so, I turned into the 1.5k off hellcat and we started dancing...as I am avoiding the rope of the hellcat, I see tracers and look to see the pony has tried to steal this poor hellcats kill...he missed and went vert and I shot the hellcat at stall speed and was unable to move out of guns of the pony on its second pass....not horrible gameplay, but lame as hell....the pony had followed us out the 1/2 sector into the sea to steal a kill, or simply try and get the easiest kill possible...this wasn't a newb...made me wonder, why would a vet waste the time following, trying to steal the kill, and then settling for a no-fight kill, when there were red and green fellas all over the furball where we had just left?  Rocky is a vet, isn't he? :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #760 on: May 06, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
I turned into the 1.5k off hellcat and we started dancing...as I am avoiding the rope of the hellcat, I see tracers and look to see the pony has tried to steal this poor hellcats kill...he missed and went vert and I shot the hellcat at stall speed and was unable to move out of guns of the pony on its second pass....not horrible gameplay, but lame as hell....

The pony was coming back to nail you and maybe save the hellcat for bonus points.  whats lame about that?  You guys humping this thread along are entry level whiners of the highest order.

Either that or you are all getting bored with the game.  take a few months off.
Hell....maybe I need to take some time off....its all like a perpeptually broken record around here anymore.  Game is still fun though.....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:51:02 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #761 on: May 06, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »
What I miss?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #762 on: May 06, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »
So 51 pages.  Has everyone agreed that HOs and hordes are bad game-play yet?  I'll come back in a couple dozen more pages if not.

:t
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #763 on: May 06, 2009, 01:49:08 PM »
The pony was coming back to nail you and maybe save the hellcat for bonus points.  whats lame about that?  You guys humping this thread along are entry level whiners of the highest order.

Either that or you are all getting bored with the game.  take a few months off.
Hell....maybe I need to take some time off....its all like a perpeptually broken record around here anymore.  Game is still fun though.....
most of the vets that I know, wouldnt want to chase 1 vs 1's around hoping to get a cherry or steal the friendlies kill, they would find it weakishly lame and cowardly....just saying.....I think you fly like Rocky, so it doesnt surprise me that you defend this way of playing from vets...btw, you did get that he followed a 1 vs 1 out 1/2 sector....right?   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #764 on: May 06, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
Liar! About your motivation that is. You weren't trying to drag the Hellcat out 1v1 so you could have a "decent fight", you tried to drag him out so you could own him like a professional heavyweight boxer taking on an asthmatic 12 year old, and then chuckle evilly while stroking your beard and looking for the next victim! The P-51 gave you a chance to own two at a time, and then mock your victims on the internet, alas, the AHII Gods of fortune chose to piss in your general direction. It would frustrate me to.... :devil

had a vet today in a p-51 follow behind me while I tried to drag a hellcat out where we could have a decent fight.  The p-51 pulled up and off about 2.5k behind me, and appeared to be heading the 1/2 sector back to where there were plenty of planes.... so, I turned into the 1.5k off hellcat and we started dancing...as I am avoiding the rope of the hellcat, I see tracers and look to see the pony has tried to steal this poor hellcats kill...he missed and went vert and I shot the hellcat at stall speed and was unable to move out of guns of the pony on its second pass....not horrible gameplay, but lame as hell....the pony had followed us out the 1/2 sector into the sea to steal a kill, or simply try and get the easiest kill possible...this wasn't a newb...made me wonder, why would a vet waste the time following, trying to steal the kill, and then settling for a no-fight kill, when there were red and green fellas all over the furball where we had just left?  Rocky is a vet, isn't he? :rolleyes:
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."