Author Topic: What do YOU consider the best fighter?  (Read 17874 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: What do YOU consider the best fighter?
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2009, 11:36:40 AM »
Fw190A5. Enuf said. :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »
AKAK just needs to come out of retirement and show you all how it is done.   :noid
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
AKAK just needs to come out of retirement and show you all how it is done.   :noid

I've posted many a write up and films over the years showing how to fight Spitfires of all types and scenarios in a P-38.  One just has to look for them.  Murdr also has posted many write ups and films showing the same thing.

It's not worth my time to come out of 'retirement' for one day.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »
It's not worth my time to come out of 'retirement' for one day.
My goading skills require upgrading . . .

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2009, 05:23:36 PM »
The best fighter for nubes it clearly the P51D, it has the best KTD ratio for nubes as it allows them to escape when their skills won't kill them through safely and it packs a reasonable punch; it is my favorite non perk interceptor as it can fly faster than any other non perk plane in the game at most altitudes (bomber altitudes). My favorit dogfighter is either the spit mk16 or the Fw.190D. The best attack fighter is the P47 as they can carry a respectable bomb load, and once light on bombs and fule it makes a decent dogfighter and with those 8 .50 caliber brownings ONE mistake and my opponet is a flaming wreck!!!  :salute
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »
The best fighter for nubes it clearly the P51D, it has the best KTD ratio for nubes as it allows them to escape when their skills won't kill them through safely and it packs a reasonable punch; it is my favorite non perk interceptor as it can fly faster than any other non perk plane in the game at most altitudes (bomber altitudes). My favorit dogfighter is either the spit mk16 or the Fw.190D. The best attack fighter is the P47 as they can carry a respectable bomb load, and once light on bombs and fule it makes a decent dogfighter and with those 8 .50 caliber brownings ONE mistake and my opponet is a flaming wreck!!!  :salute

Several unperked planes have a better k/d ratio than the P-51D, including the P-38J and Ta-152H. The D9 consistently has a higher k/d than the P-51D, and is for the most part better at the P-51D's usual b'n'z game.

What the P-51D has is the "name".
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »
Several unperked planes have a better k/d ratio than the P-51D, including the P-38J and Ta-152H. The D9 consistently has a higher k/d than the P-51D, and is for the most part better at the P-51D's usual b'n'z game.

What the P-51D has is the "name".

Using those numbers isn't very accurate and really doesn't say anything.  It has already been proven that the K/D of planes like the P-38J are skewed by a small number of experienced P-38 drivers.  The P-51Ds numbers are skewed due to the large amounts of new and timid players that fly it.

ack-ack

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2009, 09:39:40 AM »
Using those numbers isn't very accurate and really doesn't say anything.  It has already been proven that the K/D of planes like the P-38J are skewed by a small number of experienced P-38 drivers.  The P-51Ds numbers are skewed due to the large amounts of new and timid players that fly it.

ack-ack

And here comes the look at me and my plane stats in the Midwar rant.  We get it akak, you pwn in midwar.  We got tired of hearing about it a long time ago.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »
If all the new players jumped in a D9 or PJ, they would have terrible k/d ratios.  
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
And here comes the look at me and my plane stats in the Midwar rant.  We get it akak, you pwn in midwar.  We got tired of hearing about it a long time ago.
Hey --- your ignorance is showing . . . might want to zip.

Late war tour 110 3-01-09 to 3-31-09

Model Kills Deaths K/D Ratio
P-38J 5372 3723 1.4425

(unless you are also attempting to goad -- in which case, yes AKAK, take that!)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:50:12 AM by E25280 »

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
Assuming the pilots are equal, the Mk XVI will win.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »
If all the new players jumped in a D9 or PJ, they would have terrible k/d ratios.  

For the P-38 this is no doubt true. For the D9, this is false, because the D9 does 90% of what a P-51 does but does it better. Better top speed at typical MA alts, much better climb and accel, better roll rate. What the P-51 does better than the D9 basically comes down to turning, but as this is not a great strength of the P-51 vs. anything *except* a Fw, this is not such a great matter. If the P-51 did not have the "name" the Dora's usage in the same role would be greater.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2009, 01:11:35 PM »
Ta152 hands down. Just can't get into very long flat turning gambits.
Strokes

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2009, 03:43:12 PM »
For the P-38 this is no doubt true. For the D9, this is false, because the D9 does 90% of what a P-51 does but does it better. Better top speed at typical MA alts, much better climb and accel, better roll rate. What the P-51 does better than the D9 basically comes down to turning, but as this is not a great strength of the P-51 vs. anything *except* a Fw, this is not such a great matter. If the P-51 did not have the "name" the Dora's usage in the same role would be greater.

To a new player, the FW has some odd high g stall characteristics, which usually means him auguring in.  If you stick with the fw a few time you'll figure out what you did wrong.  51 flys well fast all the time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 05:35:45 PM by Rash »
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »

Oh please sweet cheeks, I know you're still upset at the arse kicking I gave you when i still flew but it's time you let it go.  All that anger is going to upset your little stomach.

My example was just to show that K/D can't be used to determine how effective a plane is because the stats can be easily skewed.  I know that you don't have the skill to skew the stats like some others can but maybe in time you'll be able to my little sweet cheeks.

ack-ack