Author Topic: What do YOU consider the best fighter?  (Read 17883 times)

Offline gripen

• Silver Member
Re: What do YOU consider the best fighter?
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2009, 03:22:59 AM »
This thread needs a Brewster.

It's not here yet but when it comes, it will rule the skies... at least for my two weeks trial period :)

The Brewster will be the Susan Boyle of the AH  :rock

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2009, 04:20:53 AM »
BnZs, i've documented myself about the spit16 a bit, i always thought it's TnB plane and that's about it, i mean, it has just good turning radius, i was so wrong :lol, That plane is a beast. Maybe as i said, some better P38 pilot to motivate why is the P38 better, i just know that me, being a noob pilot in that plane, could not do the best of what that plane could. Anyway, good fight, i always need to remind myself how other planes are better in some situatuions  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2009, 05:53:43 AM »
Really? How many times have you achieved #1 rank in a p51D? For that matter, how many times has anyone achieved #1 rank with the 51D as their primary ride?

The P-51D seems to be neither more nor less capable of achieving #1 fighter rank in it than many other LW Planes...
Good weapons, enough ammo for a lot of kills, decent views and enough speed to get you safely home most of the time, if you avoid gettign low & slow in a enemy rich situation ;)

But now I got curious and looked up the #1 fighters from the last two years:

(First plane mentioned has more kills)

A very few times, there was some doubt about the true main ride for fighter mode when the culprit got actually most of his kill in attack mode. I such cases I selected the most typical "scoremonger" ride from the list. For example Temp & La for Pacerr... ,)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:08:39 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »
It has been my experience that the P47 is the best all-around fighter in game.

It has the performance to handle the perk rides (Tempest, F4U4) and has

the added bonus the ability to carry a sizeable amount of ord in the fighter bomber role.

Nothing better then watching a dot in the distance dive down to pick seeing it is a Tempest

and diving onto it's 6 whilst theTempest Pilot thinks he has impunity  :O

Also a side note:  I've taken the BPony up a few times and I'm wondering
how one could get shot down in it if flown smartly?  (not timid,smart)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:50:40 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2009, 09:37:59 AM »
looked up the #1 fighters from the last two years

"#1 pilots" has nothing to do with pilot rank\score.  These are not real pilots.  These guys operate in the dream world of the toolshedder.  This is a fantasy land right next to the Twilight Zone.  :lol

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »
Oh please sweet cheeks, I know you're still upset at the arse kicking I gave you when i still flew but it's time you let it go.  All that anger is going to upset your little stomach.

My example was just to show that K/D can't be used to determine how effective a plane is because the stats can be easily skewed.  I know that you don't have the skill to skew the stats like some others can but maybe in time you'll be able to my little sweet cheeks.

ack-ack

Nice baiting with the sweet talk but I don't swing that way.  Maybe try down in San Fran, I'm sure you'll find the company your after.   :P

And I appologize that I've grown tired of you always trumpeting your "but what about me skewing a planes K/D?" garbage.  :rolleyes:

Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2009, 11:12:09 AM »
"#1 pilots" has nothing to do with pilot rank\score.  These are not real pilots.  These guys operate in the dream world of the toolshedder.  This is a fantasy land right next to the Twilight Zone.  :lol

Maybe... but my posting was a comment on a discussion about #1 rank and the planes used for it, not about "skillz" ;)

Also a side note:  I've taken the BPony up a few times and I'm wondering
how one could get shot down in it if flown smartly?  (not timid,smart)

I'm afraid I will never get good enough to ask myself that kind of questions  :lol

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:14:15 AM by Lusche »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »

Because you have to know ACM, have good SA, and be a good shot, all at the same time, to fully succeed in the P-39Q.

:salute

That axiom is true for all planes.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »

A very few times, there was some doubt about the true main ride for fighter mode when the culprit got actually most of his kill in attack mode. I such cases I selected the most typical "scoremonger" ride from the list. For example Temp & La for Pacerr... ,)

Exactly, Vanscrew's tour 90 he has about 600 kills in fighter mode, about 300 in a 51D. Even if he had all his 51D kills in fighter mode, this makes  up just 50% of the tally. To boost his fighter stats, he had significant time in the Tempest, 262, -4 Hog, and C-Hog.

I'm not saying garnering the #1 rank in a D stang cannot be done, but it's not "easy" like 1plus44 claims. I guess it would be less difficult in Shawk mode:   Go to base in attack mode, kill acks, die, return in fighter mode for the vulch.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:33 PM »
I'm not saying garnering the #1 rank in a D stang cannot be done, but it's not "easy" like 1plus44 claims. I guess it would be less difficult in Shawk mode:   Go to base in attack mode, kill acks, die, return in fighter mode for the vulch.

Whenever I try such a thing, the base is already taken when I return in fighter mode  :(

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »
Whenever I try such a thing, the base is already taken when I return in fighter mode  :(

Shawk and his gang go to a base that is not currently under attack and "start a fight". So, at least initially, there is no intention of taking the base.  Pacerr relies on the tempest when in fighter mode and frankly, he sucks. Shawk is a good stick though.  :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »
Nice baiting with the sweet talk but I don't swing that way.  Maybe try down in San Fran, I'm sure you'll find the company your after.   :P

And I appologize that I've grown tired of you always trumpeting your "but what about me skewing a planes K/D?" garbage.  :rolleyes:

Oh please, you're just looking for a fight where none exists because you're just a little poser looking for attention.  Re-read my original post again, better yet, have someone with some intelligence read it to you.  They will clearly see and hopefully be able to explain it in simple words to you so you can understand that I wasn't 'bragging' about skewing the stats.  

I am amazed that someone as stupid as you has managed to live this long.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:47:13 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2009, 02:35:22 PM »

I don't like you calling me out about tooting my own horn for the 12th time so I'm going to call you names to try and hurt your feelings

ack-ack

I can't help but see this:

Sorry if the truth hurts so much. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:36:57 PM by bongaroo »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2009, 04:13:56 PM »
I can't help but see this:

(Image removed from quote.)

Sorry if the truth hurts so much. 

Never expected you to look like a chick with a mustache.  Explains why you have such a woody for me.

ack-ack

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »
Good one!  Your such an internet badass! :rolleyes:

(that was sarcasm if you are too dense to notice)