Author Topic: B4Buster  (Read 2809 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: B4Buster
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
There is hope for good game play yet !! Congrats to you both for being "class acts"  <S>

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
the lovely AvA code at its best and yet people hate it  :aok

finding this in the AvA is few and far between. In fact the original CT died because people stopped flying to the code. not knocking the AvA per se but to call it the "AvA code" is ludicrous.

B4 is a class act and a fun fight :aok :salute

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
Every fight I have had with B4Buster has been a good match, fair on both accounts.  Sometimes I have won but usually I lose.  He is a great stick and a good man <BIG SALUTE>
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:23:10 PM »
Buster is a class act and its been a pleasure working with him in the current scenario.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 10:30:36 PM »
finding this in the AvA is few and far between. In fact the original CT died because people stopped flying to the code. not knocking the AvA per se but to call it the "AvA code" is ludicrous.

I'm sorry, Humble, but when did you say you last flew in AvA?

- oldman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 11:25:01 PM »

For the past few years people did go by a code but in the last year or so the AvA staff have been trying to get more numbers in there by catering to "MA style" gameplay. Since then dweeby gameplay skyrocketed, and now its very hard to find a fun fight without getting picked or HOed.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 11:42:27 PM »

ment as a joke  :o
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 03:06:34 AM »
B4Buster is always a challenge and you know your in for some fun when you come up against him,
 :salute to a gent
Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »
Well everyone is very quick to complain about standards of game play so let me congratulate B4Buster for showing true class today.
I had just logged on and noticed one of the bases flashing so upped my usual Spit8, as I'm rolling I see this higher P38 so I am waiting for one of two things. One, he uses his advantage for the quick take down, Two, he augers in trying to do One.
Instead I see over Ch200 B4Buster saying for the spit at that base to get some alt for a fair fight, slightly knowing B4B I climbed out not even watching for his plane because I knew I could trust what he said. When I got to  similar altitude B4B came into my field of vision on or about 6k away and slow turned into me, I turned nose in to show I had seen him and then the fight was on.
I had the better merge on this occasion but I failed to take advantage of it and soon he was in the better position and didn't make the same mistake I did. I'm not saying it was a great fight but it was fun even though I went down in pieces.
Just wanted to say <S> B4B good sportsmanship.

I kinda expected a rant at the end while reading, but luckily all went well :D
<S> B4B, good sportmanship there

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 07:14:34 AM »
I'm sorry, Humble, but when did you say you last flew in AvA?

- oldman

Would have been Midway, so in the last 6 months. Fights ended up at roughly 3 to 1 and mostly right over the island. As I said my comment was not meant as an attack on the AvA but a comment on any consideration that the AvA was either the origination of "the code" or really flies by it as an arena.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 07:18:14 AM »
humble....come to the AvA next thursday during blitzekrieg. Last night was in my mind a very fun night for both sides. We topped at 35+ players and had very many nice little furbals over Guadelcanel area. Just try it out.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 07:23:02 AM »
get a room xbrit. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 08:01:10 AM »
 :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »
Well everyone is very quick to complain about standards of game play so let me congratulate B4Buster for showing true class today.
I had just logged on and noticed one of the bases flashing so upped my usual Spit8, as I'm rolling I see this higher P38 so I am waiting for one of two things. One, he uses his advantage for the quick take down, Two, he augers in trying to do One.
Instead I see over Ch200 B4Buster saying for the spit at that base to get some alt for a fair fight, slightly knowing B4B I climbed out not even watching for his plane because I knew I could trust what he said. When I got to  similar altitude B4B came into my field of vision on or about 6k away and slow turned into me, I turned nose in to show I had seen him and then the fight was on.
I had the better merge on this occasion but I failed to take advantage of it and soon he was in the better position and didn't make the same mistake I did. I'm not saying it was a great fight but it was fun even though I went down in pieces.
Just wanted to say <S> B4B good sportsmanship.

Good stuff!   :aok

B4 is, in my experience, a great guy and a hell of a fun fight!

(And you are ok too, xbrit)   :lol

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 11:13:05 AM »
Buster is indeed a gentleman and a good fight.  :salute
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."