Author Topic: Case law site  (Read 135 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Case law site
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »
Is there a good case law site for individual states?

I need to look up some cases for support in unemployment hearing.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Case law site
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
What specific area are you looking for?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Case law site
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:47:54 PM »
What specific area are you looking for?

Unemployment law, I turned down a job in Indiana that wasn't in my line of work and they denied me benefits. If I'd known that I would have taken the job. However the job was not full time or permanent. It was also about 50% of my regular pay. In fact it was less than my unemployment benefits. However, as I unfortunately discovered, In Indiana you have to take a ditch digging job if offered. In most states it has to be in your field and near your wages.

After exhaustive research I found where I might be able to win my case. It turns out the job has to be writing and posted on the DWD website. I searched and the job is not on the website. However, my employment application at a temporary firm may count as "In writing". Now my contract with the Temporary firm may not count since the jobs rate was below my contract rate. Which may invalidate the contract since it wasn't in the contract. Hince there would have to be a new contract making the old contract moot. I just need a couple of cases to prove my point. I have one more hurdle. I can't find my contract. Wonder if I can get a copy from the agency.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter