Author Topic: German shepherd shoulder/elbow problems, need advice/help  (Read 3065 times)

Offline smkelly13

• Copper Member
Re: German shepherd shoulder/elbow problems, need advice/help
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »
Thank you all who have contributed and provided useful insight.
I'm glad I am not alone, dogs are phenomenal companions and friends.

Bosco has recovered.  Rest, aspirin, and an ice pack helped my friend.  I didn't discover any foreign objects in his pads, or cuts.  His limping stopped late Sunday night.
forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions
-
Soon you will be able to buy a GM product imported from China at a Wal Mart Super Center.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 03:59:23 PM »
Fantastic man!  I'm really glad to hear it.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »
I've been feeding my Goldens Flint River Ranch for the past 10 yrs...excellent product, imnsho.  I'm also a firm believer in administrating a daily Glucosamine Chondroitin suppliment.

The Gluco suppliments work great for long term,but with a sudden onset limp the dog is in the acute stage.I'd recommend a 350 to 500 mg of asa{asprin} be warn this can cause stomach upset so it's best to give right after feeding.Coated ASA works best and hidden in some cheese will give you the easiest method of making sure the dog swallows the pill.

350mg's twice daily  would be plenty!! 2 500's wont hurt either,also restrict the dogs movement for a few days and if improvement isnt seen in 2 days consult your vet!!