Author Topic: Flogging Molly AAR  (Read 605 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Flogging Molly AAR
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:57:40 AM »
Well, I just got back from Pipeline Cafe and the Flogging Molly concert... BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!

We started the night with six people:
Myself
Lauren
Phil
Sam
Clara
Duncan

At the end of the night, Phil and Lauren left early because they don't like the heat and violence of pipeline concerts. Duncan disappeared. Clara was med-evaced with a broken foot. Sam was slightly beat up. I have two bruised ribs, and bruises on every other part of my body. And a cut on the back of my head. And some swelling in my jaw and cheek. And my mouth is all bloody, and one of the brackets from my braces is broken.

It was awesome. I don't have many pictures, because my first priority was getting to the mosh pit. I sat out to breathe on the slower songs or songs I wasn't too fond of. I made sure I was in the thick of it for: Salty Dog; Devil's Dance Floor; Whats Left of the Flag; Drunken Lullabies; Requiem for a Dying Song; Paddies Lament; and several others. There was one girl in particular I kept ending up on top of entirely by accident in the moshing. One time I went from one end of the concert to the other with her almost connected to my chest by the waves of people pushing us. At one point I made the joke "I have spent so much time on top of you, I feel like I owe you dinner or something". To which she responded "I haven't earned it yet!" And proceeded to flash me. Then she disappeared. Several other girls lost shirts and skirts crowd surfing. Another girl removed her shirt near the end of the concert, and not to miss an opportunity, some guy ripped her bra off, and she was pushed into me. Nice boobs. A third girl (Quite attractive) was moshing with me the whole way through Devil's Dance Floor, we were right next to each other, and having a great freaking time. At the end of the song, she jumped up, wrapped her legs around me, and kissed me. Then her boyfriend walked over, and I freaked. I thought he was gonna kill me. He grabs my head, pulls me to him, kisses my forhead, and screams "F*** YEAH!!!" Then he wraps his arm around me as Kings of the Kilburn High starts, and we just start dancing/moshing/gettingthecrapbeatenoutofus. GREAT time. I ended up with another girl's tie around my neck. Still have it. A little red-and-black plaid number. The girls at this show were WASTED and absolutely crazy. Most of them were moshing just as hard as the guys, and one chick punched me square in the mouth. I hit the ground a couple times, as people insisted on kicking the back of my knee in, and it scared the crap out of me seeing the crowd swell over me. I got kicked in the chest a few times while I was down which accounts for the rib. Fortunately, the people there were the greatest freaking people on the planet, and any time anyone went down, everyone near them created a protective wall and pulled them back up. If you were ever seriously hurt, everyone around you was there to help. If you were only slightly hurt, everyone around you was there to make it worse. I ended up sharing a few drinks with a couple guys. Everybody was real friendly, random people would walk up, grab your shoulder and start dancing or moshing. Me and an Army guy teamed up while Sam and a Marine got together, and we kicked some major arse. Over all, it was the best concert of my life, best night of my life, and the band and crowd were the best damned people I have ever met. I cannot wait to do it again.

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
Re: Flogging Molly AAR
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 08:26:33 AM »
"Serenity"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:38:52 AM »
lol. Oh yeah, the crowd and band were very... vocal at each other. One of my favorite points from the band was when the lead singer said "Somebody turn up the lights so I can see. I know the crow is f***-ugly, but I want to see them anyway!". At one point he made a... "political comment praising someone from here", at which point the crowd responded with an ear-splitting chorus of "BOOO!!!". "Flo-gging Mo-lly! Oi! Oi! Oi!" was popular, as was "F*** VIP" from the guys on the floor.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:40:03 PM »
I kinda prefer the concerts that I attended in my formative years where we would all sit down and someone at the end of the line would light up a doobie and pass it down.

shamus
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:43:46 PM by Shamus »
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline MstWntd

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »
Lots of moshing at A7X concerts too.

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 03:02:24 PM »
I kinda prefer the concerts that I attended in my formative years where we would all sit down and someone at the end of the line would light up a doobie and pass it down.

shamus

Thems were the days.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:36:35 AM »
Not my video, but video nonetheless from the concert:

Tobacco Island:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REbbES7drPE

Selfish Man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BluEAW0hPO4&feature=related

The Sun Never Shines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X78EcHULrgw

Whistles the Wind (I freaking love this one):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l83Kffrr9Bc

Us of Lesser Gods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KPSHNh9slw

Whats Left of the Flag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET5v11bT3UM

Rebels of the Sacred Heart (Love this one too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onqAJrKQWDI

You Won't Make a Fool Out of Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeLToqZU60
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:48:51 AM by Serenity »

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 01:51:52 AM »
I used to like mosh pits. I used to go home from gigs drenched in sweat.

Then I turned into a grumpy old bastid and decided that I hated that.

I like to stand behind the crowd with a beer and smoke, now.

If anyone bumps me, I get very annoyed.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 01:54:31 AM »
wait till ya turn 40 Arch. Don't know how I used to do it
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:02:22 AM »
I used to like mosh pits. I used to go home from gigs drenched in sweat.

Then I turned into a grumpy old bastid and decided that I hated that.

I like to stand behind the crowd with a beer and smoke, now.

If anyone bumps me, I get very annoyed.

lol. I'll be honest, part of me wishes I had spent less time moshing so I could enjoy the music... but another part of me wishes I had moshed harder!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 02:19:49 AM »
I find moshing to be alittle queer at times I mean honestly why would you want to be fighting in a big group of guys instead of hooking up with a chick while all the other dues are moshing :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 02:30:10 AM »
I find moshing to be alittle queer at times I mean honestly why would you want to be fighting in a big group of guys instead of hooking up with a chick while all the other dues are moshing :aok

Re-read my paragraph with special notice toward the females in the pit ;)

Plus, I've been in a steady relationship for the last 2 years.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 09:18:03 AM »
Best night of your life and you are all beaten up?

That sounds like one of the bad nights I've had....the good ones were much much better.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 09:19:51 AM »
Moshing/Slamdancing used to be where you basically just ran and smashed into each other, and or pushed each other around, all in a fun drunken stupor. Everyone was laughing and having a good time.  :rock

I think sometime in the mid 90's is when it got stupid, with fists flying, and dopey bruce lee moves.  

It stopped being fun at that point.

I remember when it first started some idiot did one of those running swinging arm moves into some other guy who was used to old school moshing.  :mad: Well the guy that got hit, busted him right in the face, knocking him out. This caused a huge bellybutton brawl between flailing arm guys friends and, old schools friends.  

Since when did getting punched or kicked in the face become fun??   :lol
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »
Moshing/Slamdancing used to be where you basically just ran and smashed into each other, and or pushed each other around, all in a fun drunken stupor. Everyone was laughing and having a good time.  :rock

I think sometime in the mid 90's is when it got stupid, with fists flying, and dopey bruce lee moves.  

It stopped being fun at that point.

I remember when it first started some idiot did one of those running swinging arm moves into some other guy who was used to old school moshing.  :mad: Well the guy that got hit, busted him right in the face, knocking him out. This caused a huge bellybutton brawl between flailing arm guys friends and, old schools friends.  

Since when did getting punched or kicked in the face become fun??   :lol

Actually, you saw both types there, and everyone was fine with it. I'm more of an old-school type personally. The punchers were mostly my age group while the older guys where, obviously, old school.