Author Topic: vehicle collision  (Read 1671 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: vehicle collision
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »
Like with buildings?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 10:59:32 AM »
Like with buildings?

I think vehicle collisions should behave more like the collisions with buildings.  The only exception I would add is perhaps collisions where there is a gross difference in weight( jeep versus Tiger is an extreme example).  The lighter vehicle should get some damage for the collision.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 11:00:25 AM »
Obviously do not need to get that complicated......I rather imagine in the game when one vehicle collides with another the collider should be stopped.  If the collided vehicle was moving it too should be stopped.  Keep it simple.

Think how lag factors into this, when you detect a collision you stop like with a tree. So does other guy, except you both saw each other after the fact, so you stop inside each other. Now what happens since you are still colliding.

Think about speeds lags and such, and then you will start to see the essence of the problem. And hence why it is not the same as colliding with an object that does not move.

HiTech

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »
keep it the way it is. I like being able to park the GV inside the other when they are sitting in the spawn hanger at the base. Makes it hard to keep killing the spawning GV's when all they see is the inside of my tank  :aok
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:23 AM »
keep it the way it is. I like being able to park the GV inside the other when they are sitting in the spawn hanger at the base. Makes it hard to keep killing the spawning GV's when all they see is the inside of my tank  :aok

And this is exactly the reason that I feel it should be fixed.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
I think if I am parked in a Tiger tank and JB21 tries to climb into my tank with his M3 that he should smash his frontend/back end instead of climbing inside and trying to kill my driver.  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »
The best collision model is no model at all :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »
The best collision model is no model at all :aok

Wrong.

But how should someone know who's not even flying?   :P
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »
Srry Hitech I didn't really explain myself. I don't really care if we have vehicle collisions. I was just wondering why we have collisions in airplanes, but not in gvs. I am curious if it is a code.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »
I'd actually like to see a GV collision model that would make a collision like an actual real life gv collision!

No offense but... a 25 mph Panzer ramming into a stationary M4 will not yield any sort of fancy explosion.

Something like if a jeep ran into a tiger at full speed, the jeep would die!  :eek:

This would create a whole new type of ground warfare, where "ramming" would become legit, to an extant.

This would also create a new type of special event.... TUG OF WAR!!!! Have 2 tanks go face to face and go full throttle and see who can push the other the farthest   :lol

Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »
Something like if a jeep ran into a tiger at full speed, the jeep would die!  :eek:

This would create a whole new type of ground warfare, where "ramming" would become legit, to an extant.

Unfortunately you would first have to find a way to get rid of lag...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 07:34:08 PM »
Unfortunately you would first have to find a way to get rid of lag...

Good point  :)
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 12:29:40 AM »
The only thing I don't care for about being able to run through an enemy tank is that some will take there little jeeps and park inside and give a friendly a distance for him to shoot at. Maybe if there was a way to just stop like the jeeps from being able to run inside an enemy tank, like some one else said it would be like hitting a building or something of that nature. :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 05:10:54 AM »
Wrong.

But how should someone know who's not even flying?   :P

Hey, I did my share of flying! Now if only the h2h would come back :D