Author Topic: couldn't give it away  (Read 1334 times)

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Re: couldn't give it away
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 05:46:21 PM »
last night my squaddie finn and I took two b24's on a bombing mission, when we had emptied our bomb bays we formed up close and dived to about 12k over the nearest furball to troll for fighters. Back and forth, no takers, trolled the 24 out of fuel and glided back down across the furball, still no takers and rtb to crash land at our base. Just odd. :noid

Hmmm been grounded for a while will remain so until one day comes....

Just thought I would pop in and have a quick read, I see by the initial responses the level of general politeness, curtesy and respect remains the same……

But as for ppl not upping when buffs are about…. WTF!!!.

I guess the boards are the same but the attitude in the arena has changed.

<S> To the HTC crew my mates and adversaries

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 02:05:06 AM »
Yep I'll take my chances with the fighters they don't shoot backwards with Laser beam 50's
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 02:09:19 AM »
last night my squaddie finn and I took two b24's on a bombing mission, when we had emptied our bomb bays we formed up close and dived to about 12k over the nearest furball to troll for fighters. Back and forth, no takers, trolled the 24 out of fuel and glided back down across the furball, still no takers and rtb to crash land at our base. Just odd. :noid

I spent all day and night looking for you. Stop hiding and just tell me where your elite bombers are next time. Okay?  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 09:25:08 AM »
I spent all day and night looking for you. Stop hiding and just tell me where your elite bombers are next time. Okay?  :D
behind the tree
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 09:28:48 AM »
I would not have climbed up to you, but I sure as heck would have engaged had I been co-alt or higher.  My suggestion is you wanna rack up some fighter kills, get something with a single engine and come mix it up a bit lower in the furball.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
If your defending a base the opponents are trying ot capture. I never understood why anyone would want to go after the bombers AFTER they have dropped their load and are RTB.

Try and kill them before they drop.
But once they drop. If you kill them. They will only come back with more bombs that much sooner.

Example. Lats say it takes a formation 15 min to reach your base. They drop on your VH. Now the VH is down 15 min.
If you kill them after they dropped. they will be back just in time to redrop the VH as soon as it re-ups.
Whereas if you let them go. They wont be back for another 1/2 hour. 15 min to RTB and another 15 min to come back again.

Your assuming that the bomber pilot will RTB.

It's been my experience that the bomber pilot, after delivery, will intentional bail in order to get back to the tower and back into the air quickly for another run ... sad, but true.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."