Author Topic: Film Viewer Question/Problem  (Read 343 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Film Viewer Question/Problem
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »
For reasons unknown, when I try to watch a film with the Film Viewer, the views are all screwed up.

When I try to watch a film from the cockpit using recorded views, I get a forward view that is looking down the nose of the aircraft.  As the pilot checks six and looks around, the views occaisionally are from outside the cockpit, even though the Inside Cockpit is still checked.

It seems to be universal on any film that I try...  Including old films (such as Agent360s 109 training films)....

Anybody have an idea what I need to do here?  I'm sure it is probably something simple that I am overlooking.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Film Viewer Question/Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
Your head position is simply screwed up.
Next time you load a film, set your views first - exact the ame way as you would do in game, and save them with F10. Note that unlike the game, there is only 1 setting for all the planes.

BTW, the recorded views do just show in what direction the player whi recorded the film was looking but his head positions are not recorded.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:40:24 PM »
Your head position is simply screwed up.
Next time you load a film, set your views first - exact the ame way as you would do in game, and save them with F10. Note that unlike the game, there is only 1 setting for all the planes.

Thanks Lusche.  I never even realized you could set the views like that in the film viewer.  Any idea how I might have screwed them up?  I can't imagine what I did to cause so much havoc.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
It would be nice if the film viewer could read the view settings you have configured for each plane.
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »
It would be nice if the film viewer could read the view settings you have configured for each plane.

Heck, I'd be ecstatic if the film viewer recorded the stick/rudder pedal movement animation.  Then when you watch someone elses film you could get a better idea of the control inputs they are making to do what they are doing.

But what you said would be cool too.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder