Author Topic: Shooting Lag  (Read 657 times)

Offline strong10

• Copper Member
Shooting Lag
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
Had some serious lag issues with a red guy today who shot me down without it appearing as though he shot me down.  Everyone said he had serious lag issues fighting him as I was.  He kept jumping and I was looking to disengage from him when I starting getting hits though he was spraying wildly nowhere near me.  I have seen lag before but never like this.. 

Video below.. after he shoots me down, you can see him lagging off into the sunset..

*Caution*May be swearing!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyit5myl0ml

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Shooting Lag
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:30:37 PM »
Yea if it is still TT usday you will get that. Also if he is warping rigth when you pull the trigger try turning off your tracers that may help.
Strokes

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 11:45:32 PM »
Not a bug but a bat connection on his part. 

I was shot down one TT by a P-38 that was 4k in front of me.  One second he was there.  Then he disappeared.  I thought I was about to get booted.  Next thing I know I see tracers and hear hits with no one behind me.  He reappeared about 150 yards in front of me as I was going down.

I PM'd him and asked if I was warping and told him what happened and he said I looked fine and he would try re-logging.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »
I was in a 2v2 the other night and one of the cons just went away.  I thought he augered,  15 seconds later, he reappeard on my 6 and kilt my perk ride. 

I was p.o.'ed, but it sometimes happens.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
anything over 300ms  ping should be kicked.   If your not smooth no Soup for you.

I Don't want to hear all the sob stories about bad connections etc.  Fed up of the warpers in TT when they waste precious SA time to keep track of / kill.    These people need to get help with either cleaning up their machines or sorting out their connections.

It is only a small minority but still frustrating.   I suggest a (.warp)  report feature so htc can keep a log of people who are WAY out of the ordinary and email them with a help guide.  3 strikes and your out ! 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 08:27:04 PM »
anything over 300ms  ping should be kicked.   If your not smooth no Soup for you.

I Don't want to hear all the sob stories about bad connections etc.  Fed up of the warpers in TT when they waste precious SA time to keep track of / kill.    These people need to get help with either cleaning up their machines or sorting out their connections.

It is only a small minority but still frustrating.   I suggest a (.warp)  report feature so htc can keep a log of people who are WAY out of the ordinary and email them with a help guide.  3 strikes and your out ! 

Could you please explain how your computer makes you warp?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »
For Wrongway. Believe Skuzzy has some sticky of system preformace, and things not to run in the background. Mostly any update software. I include McAfee with this list.

Have no idea what processes that are running on a system, since im not in front of it, but heres a list of things.

Anything using some sort of sharing program, not gonna get speicific, but there are such things. Mostly pirating vids, or music.

Firewall, and any web blocker, this mostly cause sound stutter or none at all. No idea of Ping.

Any ipod software. Itunes comes to mind.

Basically anything running in the background, that has to deal with connection. I for one have 19 processes running on my system, not including AH. I try to keep mine streamlined, and reload from a known good backup, if I suspect Ive might have somethign borrowing cpu cycles that shouldnt be. Just get wierd like that. Then again, I have a backup of this system that contains a fresh install ( with all specific drivers for hardware and SP III ), then I have a seperate DVD of AH fully configured with most skins. Might have D/L a skin or two but no biggie. in about 20 Mins, I can be back in the air. Would recommend anyone to do that for a gaming rig.

Then theres the old poor connection.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:51:42 AM by 4deck »
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »
I just noticed its my 700 Post.  :D
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:27:06 AM »

Connection stability matters more than connection speed.  A steady 300ms connection is better than one that is 80ms 90% of the time and 500ms the other 10%.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »
For Wrongway. Believe Skuzzy has some sticky of system preformace, and things not to run in the background. Mostly any update software. I include McAfee with this list.

Have no idea what processes that are running on a system, since im not in front of it, but heres a list of things.

Anything using some sort of sharing program, not gonna get speicific, but there are such things. Mostly pirating vids, or music.

Firewall, and any web blocker, this mostly cause sound stutter or none at all. No idea of Ping.

Any ipod software. Itunes comes to mind.

Basically anything running in the background, that has to deal with connection. I for one have 19 processes running on my system, not including AH. I try to keep mine streamlined, and reload from a known good backup, if I suspect Ive might have somethign borrowing cpu cycles that shouldnt be. Just get wierd like that. Then again, I have a backup of this system that contains a fresh install ( with all specific drivers for hardware and SP III ), then I have a seperate DVD of AH fully configured with most skins. Might have D/L a skin or two but no biggie. in about 20 Mins, I can be back in the air. Would recommend anyone to do that for a gaming rig.

Then theres the old poor connection.

4 deck.how would I make a disc of all my AH settings and such..

Thanks

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 03:16:55 AM »
after unistalling the high res texture pack my frame rate went up (from around 30 to around 110) and warping is not problem any more for me.
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 12:49:48 PM »
For a Backup, theres a program called backup on your system. It can be used to make a recovery disk. Theres a wizard in there you can use, if you have a burner, I would use that. Also all your HTC settings, are in programs/HTC you can backup that seperately if you want. THis is after you have a working system from a fresh load. I created mine after I spent the day loading everythign I need with all service paks. Also any specific hardware drivers and such. Figure it takes me about 8 hours to reload my system from scratch, and just using a backup about 20-25 mins. I'd rather spend just a half hour.