Author Topic: Making Chat buffer Text Smaller...  (Read 622 times)

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
Making Chat buffer Text Smaller...
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:08:12 PM »
So recently I got a new computer, and a new 22" monitor.
I changed my resolution from 1280x1024 to 1600x1200 (tried 1680x1050 too which is my monitors max).
After doing so, the resolution got smaller as expected, but the chat buffer text got huge, and looks as though it's pixilated 1980's style text graphics.
Is there a way to make this text smaller, and or a better aspect, and keeping the same resolution?

I know there's an option in the GUI for text size, but that seems to only affect icon size (names above the A/C)

Also, supposedly the High Res Texture pack is loaded (thanks TilDeath), but textures don't look any different. (Yes texture size is set to 1024)
I didn't look real good when testing things out after TilDeath installed stuff, and then when I was installing my jsm files, I noticed the next time I logged into AHII that it did the texture loading (says it only has to do this once blah blah blah). Is it possible that I accidentally reinstalled the lowres texture pack?

Is there a way to check which pack is installed to the game?
If not, can I just download the High Res Pack again and install it over the top of whatever package is currently installed?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Rolling Thunder

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Making Chat buffer Text Smaller...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »
nope, what you see is what you get.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »
I know there's an option in the GUI for text size, but that seems to only affect icon size (names above the A/C)
yes there is a font size setting in the options/preferences to lower or increase the font size (it's there, may need to search for it I don't have time to go and give a direct walk thru)

edit: well you are correct......I know I had this same problem a long time ago, can not remember how I fixed it......was thinking this was it....

my chat buffer text was very blocky looking text.......maybe it had to do with cleartype text fonts or something.......sorry I can't help you better

can I just download the High Res Pack again and install it over the top of whatever package is currently installed?

Thanks in advance for the help!

yes, you can redownload and install the highres pack again............if you are unsure of your 1st install........make sure you have the texture size set to 1024 then install.......
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:12:40 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:58:06 AM »
You will want to run the native resolution of the monitor, then check the "Widescreen" option as well.  LCD monitors do not look thier best unless they are running at thier native resolution.

Yes, the chat buffer text is not optimal.  We are aware of it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »
  This this has been addressed often, just wondered if theres any progress.  The text in my chat buffer looks like the letters were constructed with Lego's.
I am aware this is an old thread.  Don't want no one to say I didn't search though.  <S>

yes there is a font size setting in the options/preferences to lower or increase the font size (it's there, may need to search for it I don't have time to go and give a direct walk Thur)

edit: well you are correct......I know I had this same problem a long time ago, can not remember how I fixed it......was thinking this was it....

my chat buffer text was very block looking text.......maybe it had to do with cleartype text fonts or something.......sorry I can't help you better

yes, you can re download and install the highres pack again............if you are unsure of your 1st install........make sure you have the texture size set to 1024 then install.......

You will want to run the native resolution of the monitor, then check the "Widescreen" option as well.  LCD monitors do not look their best unless they are running at their native resolution.

Yes, the chat buffer text is not optimal.  We are aware of it.

Some of those settings/options are no longer available.  
Just wondering what to do about it.  If I'm getting the same number of characters in one line of text in the text buffer, then I guess it's no biggie.

Coogan
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:52:08 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
 This this has been addressed often, just wondered if theres any progress.  The text in my chat buffer looks like the letters were constructed with Lego's.
I am aware this is an old thread.  Don't want no one to say I didn't search though.  <S>

Some of those settings/options are no longer available.  
Just wondering what to do about it.  If I'm getting the same number of characters in one line of text in the text buffer, then I guess it's no biggie.

Coogan

+1, I have the same issue with a new led monitor I purchased: those texts in the chat buffer being big and pixelated, is it a setting that we have missed somewhere?

thanks in advance for your answer!

<S>

71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »
I'm getting used to the look of the text now.  What I was concerned about, is I didn't know if I would have less character in the buffer window, because of the text being so big.  I flew around online lastnight for the first time, since trying out this monitor.  It appears as though I'm not missing any messages, so my worries are gone as far as this matter goes.

Lovin' the game.  :cheers:
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear