Author Topic: Guilty as charged!  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Guilty as charged!
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:59:07 PM »
Last night I did something I haven't done in a looong time.  I joined thndrEGGs Jug raid that was intended for an Airbase.  Halfway to target the rooks captured the V-base we were trying to protect, so we took our 20 Jugs there.  There was a FULL red dar bar there so I knew we were in for trouble.  We got to target and was met by some fighters that had alt on us.  We continued to level the hangars and kill all remaining GV's so we could recapture the base.  Troops got strafed and it went downhill from there.  Needless to say, there was a lot of whining going on 200 about using 20+ planes to take a V-base.  Usually I would've agreed with the whining, but this time the "20+" planes went in against a full dar bar...most of the enemies had more alt.

So I decided to host a mission myself, mainly because country channel was in a slump and 200 whines were great.  I put up a "WHINE-O-METER Raid" as it was named, consisting of 50 slots for Hurricane 2cs with 500lbs bombs.  30 slots were filled and we upped heading toward our original target of the Jug Raid.  We didn't go NOE so we showed full dar bar the whole way.  Objective of the mission:  Pork Ord, radar, and barracks if possible.  We proceeded towards base and met a little opposition.  We succeeded in taking out ord and radar, but I'm not sure about the other targets.  But my mission was an overall success, Everyone had FUN.  We had a blast on range channel during the flight to the base.  After the mission was over, several people were asking for more.  So I gave it to them  :t

On our Hurricane raid we found an enemy CV offshore of our target base.  My next mission would be a classic.  Mission options:  TBMs, SBDs, and F4Fs, all with bombs.  We took off from a land base not too far from our target only to get jumped by 2 SUPER high P-51Bs.  They dove down and attacked us, killed a few.  But we still had a decent size force headed to the CV.  The closer we got to the CV the more opposition we faced, including puffy ack.  Now this mission wasn't as large as the first one, had less than 20 joiners.  We found the CV, fresh up, no flames, and we somehow managed to sink it.  Yet ANOTHER mission success!  A nice themed mission to enhance everyone's "fun factor."  Country channel was a riot!  The mood had lightened, and more people were having fun.  Next I ventured somewhere that I dared not even admit  :t

After the Marine/Navy Raid, people were still having a great time and wanting another mission.  This time I wanted to try a base take to offer a back-door into the main target.  So I posted a Russian themed mission to take the base.  Mission consisted of La5s, La7s, Yak9Ts, Yak-9Us, and 1 P-39Q.  We took off from our base and headed NOE ( :o).  A great mission turnout (around 15 guys I do believe).  As we get to the radar ring I decided to "pop" the mission and let everyone climb.  When we took off for this base there was already a medium sized dar bar.  When we got their it was a lone IL2 and a few fighters.  We continue to hammer town
and within 5 minutes we had the base.  Now the rooks were furious (red dar bars told us that), and the bish were having a blast!  Everyone enjoyed the mission and had FUN, which is what this game is about.

I myself had fun last night.  I usually don't do missions, but people know me as a "pot-stirrer."  The WHINE-O-METER Raids did just that, as it stirred up a few good fights.  A big #S# goes out to the mission joiners, and one to the rooks as well!  Some great fights were had!

#S#

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Blue

• Zinc Member
Re: Guilty as charged!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 01:04:53 PM »
Sounds like a real good time was had by all, sorry I missed it :rock

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »
No one has ever argued that there shouldn't be missions.
But your story is missing an important element that has been the focus of debate.
How much fun were the defenders having with the "fight"?

30 hurri2c's is just another dweeb horde though...
-AoM-

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 01:07:56 PM »
 Banshee it sounds like a great time was had by all involved and the different themes you used provides a change up to the normal style of missions that abound in todays LW areanas . Congrats on your success .
                                                                       Nutte :rock
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:10:53 PM »

The point of that mission was to make them whine even more!  The ratios/odds of the preceding mission was almost even, yet they whined immensely!  That's why the name of the mission was "WHINE-O-METER Raid"  :)

After we sank the CV there was some great GV battles and aerial battles at A4, V5, V6, and A7.  If someone wasn't having fun, would they've kept upping?  :)

Same goes for the base take mission.  After we took that base it set up two bases real close to each other so it made for great low and slow fights.  Again, the red dar bar was almost full and so was ours for a long time.  I even had some great fights!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »
The point of that mission was to make them whine even more!

Sounds productive...

Perception can be an interesting thing.
-AoM-

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »
Sounds productive...

Yet it was!  It provided a fun time for the joiners, yet the whines were almost non-existent  :huh.  We could've very easily taken out the Fighter hangars and been "fun-police" for the other country, but we didn't.  We DID take some pressure off of our V-base at the same time.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 01:21:36 PM »
Dammit tard7, I missed it.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline dedhero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »
I was one of the defenders against those missions. In fact I think I defended against each of those missions. Was in Yak9-U's, various gv's, CV gunning, A20's and even a p38J I think. I had a great time. More fun than even this last TT. I can remember rolling up to that Vbase, don't remember which, and looking up to see all those Jugs. My first thought was 'Wow cool man', then quickly to "Ooo lots o' targets'. I must have died six times, laughing the entire time. So here's a thanks from a rook for making it fun.  :salute
"Wind hoots through the trouser
but the shoe is already wetting.
Olè, olè!" - lulu

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 02:12:04 PM »
I normally don't join mission's, hate being part of a hourd, but a Hurri2c mission, well I just had to join-up, it was fun, killed a couple red guys, then got a phone call, lol trying to fight and talk on the phone = quick trip to tower. :lol

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 06:09:17 PM »
But your story is missing an important element that has been the focus of debate.

Ya the whole Hord thing never happens on the knit/rook side ha scotch....

see a hord....up a hord....

froger
frogs are people too

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »

you guys crack me up..HOW would he know if a big % of the defenders were having a good time or not scotch??

everyone worried about the poor wittle defenders feewings against base attacks..

If it will help the defenders feel better,next time we will come in with KILTS ON,and bagpipes blaring so they will know EXACTLY where to meet us.. :P

And for those with really hurt feelings,I guess we will have to start suppling tissues to the defenders at the end of the battle.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:24:29 PM by falcon23 »

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »
some of the best missions for me.....

GHIs 30 pluss B26 raids :aok
thunder eggs 40 pluss chog only missions
and of course the Tegg jugg raids.
love the stuka raids and i had the pleasure of being on a cv when a sbd
raid of at least 25 planes came to sink the cv and got it done.what a sight!
   all this has made the game worth coming back for....

I'M just sayin!.......

froger
frogs are people too

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 06:46:58 PM »
I was one of the defenders against those missions. In fact I think I defended against each of those missions. Was in Yak9-U's, various gv's, CV gunning, A20's and even a p38J I think. I had a great time. More fun than even this last TT. I can remember rolling up to that Vbase, don't remember which, and looking up to see all those Jugs. My first thought was 'Wow cool man', then quickly to "Ooo lots o' targets'. I must have died six times, laughing the entire time. So here's a thanks from a rook for making it fun.  :salute

What?!  Impossible!  You can't have FUN defending against a LARGE mission!  How dare you defy those who have spoken the gospel truth that large missions are destroying Aces High....

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 07:25:37 PM »
Banshee you went Bish?     I just lost a bit of respect for you.    Its not like the Horde needs more players