Author Topic: Luftwaffe Training Clinic  (Read 1210 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Luftwaffe Training Clinic
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »

Aufmerksamkeit deutschen Kämpfer Piloten!!
( Attention German Fighter Pilots )

Jagdgeschwader 11

To: AH Community

Hello everyone. I've been busy lately in regards to doing a write up about the Fw190 as well as the other German Aircraft in Aces High as well as several training combat films in regards to the Fw190A5 and the series in general. I've lately been attempting to spread accurate knowledge as well as helpful feedback, training, and tips in regards to the 109 and 190 airframes. I'm now going to attempt to hold weekly Luftwaffe clinics for the interested and curious pilot to teach the basics of both the 109 and 190 aircraft.

These clinics will teach the basics to both airframes as well as a descriptive explanation of both airframes regarding performance, abilities, role, and How-To sessions on flying both of them effectively. If i get enough interested people to attend then I will see if we can branch this further. As most may know, I'm a AH Luftwaffe only pilot and spend majority of my flight time in the Fw190A5 although i have very experienced in the other 190 variants as well as the 109 series but i specialize in the Fw190A5 itself.

Now when would these become available for the curious pilot/German Iron pilot? Well below are the following days where the clinics will be held in the TA:

When: Monday May 4th, 2009 ( 9pm-10:30pm EST )
& Friday May 9th, 2009 ( 9pm-10:30pm EST )

Where: Training Area, Field A100, Bishops Country

What to bring: Yourself of course  :). A working mic is greatly recommended but isn't necessary. Mature Attitude & your 100% cooperation. Everything else will be provided such as airframe selection, load out, etc.

Why?: I'm taking my free time to provide these clinics to raise the awareness of the German plane set in Aces High as well as providing another aspect of the game and to give our fellow German Iron pilots a place to share there tips, strategies, and flying style with their fellow Luft Weenies.  :)  For more information please don't hesitate to PM me on the BBS forums or drop me a in game PM, call sign "Blitzin".

Regards,

Blitzin  :salute

Fly Luftwaffe! JAWHOL!  :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Luftwaffe Training Clinic
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »
Very cool, I'll be attending.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:51:39 PM »
"Aufmerksamkeit deutschen Kämpfer Piloten!!"

What's funny about this is that it looks like someone looked up words in a German/English dictionary and just strung them together.  Which is probably what happened.  ;-)  Aufmerksamkeit is a noun, and refers to attention, but it's not the way a German would command one's attention.  That would be Achtung!  Also, "Kämpfer" does strictly mean "fighters", because "kämpfen" is a German verb meaning to fight, but it's not how Germans referred to fighter pilots.  

I'm not a native German speaker, but I believe what you want would be something more along the lines of "Achtung deutsche Jagdpiloten!"

Oh yeah, and I will try to be there, and thanks for offering this!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »
"Aufmerksamkeit deutschen Kämpfer Piloten!!"
What's funny about this is that it looks like someone looked up words in a German/English dictionary and just strung them together.  

Indeed

A similar garbled English would be:

"alertness American warrior pilots"   ;)

I'm not a native German speaker, but I believe what you want would be something more along the lines of "Achtung deutsche Jagdpiloten!"

:aok
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:09:13 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bark0

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:23:48 PM »
I am an Allied man, But in case I'm assigned to Axis Machinery in the near future it could be useful. I probbly will be attending.

Quote From Shifty:
There's more to AH than the LWA...There's far more early war hanger queens as you call them missing than there are late war cannon armed uber rides.[quote/]

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 04:12:07 PM »
I'm attempting to learn German as a second language. I do know that the noun is placed at the end of the sentence.  :o

Darn you lusche & company  :rofl. And i look forward to seeing you guys Tomorrow or Friday night.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:33:54 PM »
I just know that in the 109F and E, you yank the stick to your gut until you get a firing solution against a spit. Love the turny birdy 109s.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
I'm attempting to learn German as a second language. I do know that the noun is placed at the end of the sentence.  :o
Except when you place the verb there, which is pretty darn often indeed.  Anyhow, don't mind me*, just keep it up.

*got my bachelor's degree in German, so I can't help myself

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »
If I'm around you can count me in to be there, always like learning more about my favorite planes.
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 03:07:34 AM »
I'm bringing my whole squad, I'm tired of the "I hit the Ground, I can't make it turn" or here's one "He Shot Me down" :rofl And how do you hit the ground in a 190D9 when you can pull out at nearly 600 MPH. My WHOLE Squad will be there!!!!

Oh and here is a 109 K4 film you can add to your collection, one of my better fights.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8884ea9cd4d73e7ce7ba8e3c6e11ce20e04e75f6e8ebb871
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:03:44 AM by Cajunn »
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.â€

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 06:19:16 AM »
Indeed

A similar garbled English would be:

"alertness American warrior pilots"   ;)

:aok

:rofl  :lol that sounds more Japanese....or a Japanese sterotype from a movie speaking in English  :rolleyes:  :lol

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 08:38:31 AM »
Roger that Cajunn, I haven't had time to watch it but i will get to it today my friend.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Viperius

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 08:54:54 AM »
and it is jawohl and not jawhol  ;)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »
that sounds more Japanese....or a Japanese sterotype from a movie speaking in English 

:rofl  That's exactly what came to my mind too!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 05:40:45 PM »
I'll see everyone who shows up tonight at 9pm. I'll be in the TA at 8:30pm getting ready.

:salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer