Author Topic: Eagle Memorial Missing Man Formation - Sat. May 9th 10pm ET  (Read 1286 times)

Offline KOOL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Hail All!

The 327th Steel Talons will be hosting a Memorial Missing Man Formation for Eagle this Saturday, May 9th at 10:00pm in the SEA.  Newman will configure the SEA with the Coral Sea map. (Thanks Newman).  The plane set used in the two leading missing man formations will include F4U-1 Corsairs and B-17 Flying Fortresses, Eagle's favorites.  The order of the procession will be as follows: The 327th will lead with two formations (one group of F4U's another with B-17s) everyone else will follow behind the B-17's.  Formation altitude will be at 200 feet.  Once formed up we make a coarse to fly over a CV Task Force. Within a few miles from the CV a "moment of silence" call will be announce asking all to remain silent as we fly over the CV.  As we pass over the CV the two missing man planes seperate from the formation.  Only these two planes will change coarse, all other planes remain on coarse with the main group.  After the missing man planes seperate an "all clear" will be announce fand at that time anyone who wishes to vox their farewell may do so.  Please use the Range Channel for these vox farewell messages.  We will film this and send a copy to the Eagle's family.  Thank you.   :salute

Salute!
KOOL
Group CO
327th Steel Talons
Salute!
KOOL
327th Steel Talons

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Eagle Memorial Missing Man Formation - Sat. May 9th 10pm ET
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »
I'll be there.    :salute
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »
Ghosts will be there  :salute

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »
Think thats about 3am uk time - will try to be there.

:salute

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »
count the 173rd in
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
I'll try to make it  :salute
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »
I'll be there.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 06:09:44 PM »
I'll be there  :salute
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 03:33:01 PM »
KOOL I wouldn't miss it.  I will make it a point to attend.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
The C-Hawks will be there.

:salute

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 10:49:08 AM »
Hail All!

The 327th Steel Talons will be hosting a Memorial Missing Man Formation for Eagle this Saturday, May 9th at 10:00pm in the SEA.  Newman will configure the SEA with the Coral Sea map. (Thanks Newman).  The plane set used in the two leading missing man formations will include F4U-1 Corsairs and B-17 Flying Fortresses, Eagle's favorites.  The order of the procession will be as follows: The 327th will lead with two formations (one group of F4U's another with B-17s) everyone else will follow behind the B-17's.  Formation altitude will be at 200 feet.  Once formed up we make a coarse to fly over a CV Task Force. Within a few miles from the CV a "moment of silence" call will be announce asking all to remain silent as we fly over the CV.  As we pass over the CV the two missing man planes seperate from the formation.  Only these two planes will change coarse, all other planes remain on coarse with the main group.  After the missing man planes seperate an "all clear" will be announce fand at that time anyone who wishes to vox their farewell may do so.  Please use the Range Channel for these vox farewell messages.  We will film this and send a copy to the Eagle's family.  Thank you.   :salute

Salute!
KOOL
Group CO
327th Steel Talons

Friendly Reminder this is tonight @ 10:00pm Est ( edt )

which SEA Arena will this be in?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline KOOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 12:04:22 PM »
Friendly Reminder this is tonight @ 10:00pm Est ( edt )

which SEA Arena will this be in?

In an email I received from Newman he wrote:
"I went ahead and set up SEA2 tonight. Switch to ROOK, and fly from CV16, A1 or A11. Flight is disabled for all other countries, and kill shooter is on. I don't think anything will change before we fly in honor of our friend."

That being said if we're not in SEA2 we'll be in one of the other SEAs. 

Also, I'm not sure how to post PDFs here, so if anyone wants a copy of the formation orders or diagram please PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. 
Salute!
KOOL
327th Steel Talons

Offline KOOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
I have updated the original mission overview as we will b e operating tonight.  Updates are as follows:

Hail All!

The 327th Steel Talons will be hosting a Memorial Missing Man Formation for Eagle this Saturday, May 9th at 10:00pm in the SEA.  Newman will configure the SEA with the Coral Sea map. (Thanks Newman).  The plane set used in the three leading missing man formations will include (3) F4U-1 Corsairs, (2) P-38J Lightnings, and (7) B-24 Liberators.  This represents Eagle's favorite planes and squadron (327th).  The order of the procession will be as follows: The 327th will lead with three formations (one group of F4U's, one group of P-38's, and another with B-24's) everyone else will follow behind the B-24's.  Formation altitude will be at 400 feet.  Once formed up we make a coarse to fly over a CV Task Force from south to north. Within a few miles from the CV a "moment of silence" call will be announce by Gooss asking all to remain silent as we fly over the CV.  As we pass over the CV the assigned missing man planes will seperate from the formation as they pass the rear Destroyers of the Task Group.  Only the assigned misssing man planes will break formation and change coarse, all other planes will remain on coarse with the main group and continue heading north until out of sight of the CV.  After the missing man planes seperate an "all clear" will be announce by Piles and at that time anyone wishing to vox or text their farewell on range channel may do so.  We will film this and send a copy to the Eagle's family.  Thank you.   :salute
Salute!
KOOL
327th Steel Talons

Offline GreenEagle43

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dickweedhbg.com
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 04:13:25 PM »
grn eagle of the dickweed heavy bomber group will be there representing our b-17 bomber group.

our condolences
Recruiting Officer GrnEagle  DHBG
Dedicated to Bish Country. 16 YEARS of BOMBER SERVICE

AN Aces High BOMBER SQUADRON. www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
I'll be there, in "California Cutie".
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe