Author Topic: Problem Posting and Viewing AH films  (Read 290 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Problem Posting and Viewing AH films
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »
I'm getting very frustrated with this. If i ever want to upload a film i recorded in AH to my squad website i first of all have to figure out away to make it smaller than 2MB. next if i finally get a film to upload, i try to re download it from the link i just posted, but it tries to open in Media Player and I get an error message saying that Media player cannot play a file with an extension ".AHF". What do i need to do? i cannot even watch videos other people post because i get the same error message.

On a similar note, i made a complete movie using Windows Movie Maker but I'm having trouble posting it to my squads website or anyother website for that matter. My squaddies tell me i need to the "export the video to AVI format" but i cant figure out how to go about this. everything i try seems to not work properly.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline SRD

• Zinc Member
Re: Problem Posting and Viewing AH films
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 07:49:49 PM »
Windows media player can't play .ahf files. The only thing that can play them is the film viewer that comes with the game.

It sounds like you changed the default program for .ahf files from the film viewer to windows media player.  Can you play films if you open the film viewer then open a film from the viewer?  You can check if thats what happened by right clicking on a .ahf file and clicking properties.  On the general tab you should see Opens with:, next to that should be ahfilm.  If its windows media player click on change then look for the film viewer and change it to that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:04:46 PM by SRD »
III/JG2

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »
You were right SRD it was set on opening with Media Player so i changed it to open with AH film viewer. Prior to this i could view my films that i recorded in AH, but i could not watch others films or the ones i uploaded to a website as it would automatically open it with Media player instead of AH film viewer.

Now i have a new problem. i tried opening a film i had uploaded to my squads email and it did try to open with AH film Viewer, but i recieved an error message stating that "ahfilm.exe needs to close". The .AHF file extension is not recognized when i tried to upload the film to the website, so i had it zipped and win-rarred to get it to upload.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline SRD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 08:22:45 PM »
Is that the only film thats having trouble?  It may have been corrupted, if you give me the link I'll download it and see if it works for me.

You probably should have posted this thread in the technical support forum, you might get more help there.  A mod will probably move it there for you.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:26:14 PM by SRD »
III/JG2