Author Topic: Options when Hot padding  (Read 692 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: Options when Hot padding
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
How realistic is 30 second rearm/refuel to begin with?

Depends on who's in your pit crew I guess. :noid
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »
I don't know about adding to a set up, but I think changing fuel load and removing bomb's or rocket loads would be nice.

Note: to add bomb,rocket, or ammo load out you should have to land and re-up a new plane IMO! or at least have to drive it into the hanger and have a 5 or 10  min. wait
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 06:18:20 AM »
You can't judge people for wanting to re-arm as there is nothing wrong with doing it.  People like seeing how many kills they can land in one sortie, so what?  Score is a big part of the game for a lot of people, just like a personal record in a race is more important to some more than others.  I see no issue with giving someone the ability to change parts of the load-out (fuel and ord, not guns though) if they feel like it.  I know I've re-armed before because I liked the quasi realism of taxing off, waiting to be re-armed, and then re-starting, taxiing, and taking-off all over again, it had nothing to do with the number of kills I had.  Hell sometimes I'll even taxi from the hanger to take off and then taxi back to the hanger after landing.  Whatever floats your boat.

I also agree that FSO's could definitely use this ability as well.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D