Author Topic: Options when Hot padding  (Read 693 times)

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
Options when Hot padding
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:12:21 AM »
Don't really know if this has been brought up, but having an option when we hot pad to change amo load out as to fuel selection also , Many plane have different gun package not all are great  depending on the situation that shows it self same for fuel .. drop tank, 30 mm. or 20mm Rockets .  Etc.
   We can increase time spent on the pad depending on what we choose to take off or add to a plane. Some will say just land , well I say give me the option to continue the fight by changing the planes characteristics  if it take 30 sec to rearm  then make it a variant on what we choose to do on the pad.

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Options when Hot padding
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:21:17 AM »
This has been discussed in the past. It came down to waiting the realistic amount of time (30 min +) or simply landing, picking the new package, and taking off.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »
I like this idea with some caveats:

1. Changing internal fuel or ammo is reasonable.

2. If the plane you are in requires brackets for DTs or external ords, and you did not take off with them, you cannot get DTs or external ord on the hot pad.

3. If you had external ord on your previous sortie, but don't want it off the hot pad, you have to keep the brackets and live with the drag it / they cause.

4. Gun packages should not be able to be changed.

5. Not sure what is required to carry different size bombs. If it requires different setups or equipment to carry 1000 pounders vs 500 pounders, you should not be able to switch between them on the hotpad.

Basically, if it would require more than just changing the amount of something, it should not be able to be done on the hotpad.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:32:34 AM »
How realistic is 30 second rearm/refuel to begin with?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »
Some will say just land , well I say give me the option to continue the fight by changing the planes characteristics

Sounds to me like you already decided to not continue the fight by running away to land and rearm.  Once you turned away to head back to your base, that fight is over.  If you want to reconfigure your plane, tower out and do it in the hanger.  Maybe next time you'll think ahead a little and configure it better before you leave the ground.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »
ImADot... CV Furballs..... People do run out of ammunition.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »
Ok, so you're having fun in a fast-action furball...so why do you want to sit on the ground for even 30 seconds to get more ammo?  You get back to the action faster by towering and upping a fresh plane.  Unless you don't have any kills to get your name in lights (if that's important to you), or really need the ego boost of landing 15 kills and rearm 2 or 3 times to get there.

It doesn't matter to me if you want to sit on the hotpad to get more ammo, but you should only get what you originally took off with and nothing more (or different). 
My Current Rig:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 10:16:39 AM »
Nope.  Just land, reconfigure and get right back into the fight...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Swatch

• Copper Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/rtcircus
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »

3. If you had external ord on your previous sortie, but don't want it off the hot pad, you have to keep the brackets and live with the drag it / they cause.

Simple way of doing this....  drop your bombs/tanks after the rearm.

I do like the idea of being able to change your fuel load though.
OFFICIALLY AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER AS OF 1PM JUNE 13th!  Goodbye UC, you've been hell.

Proud member of the 364th CHawks, 383rd BG, formerly the RTC.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 01:57:22 PM »
He refering to FSO's. Some of our guys needed to rearm and didnt need a full load of fuel.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 02:09:26 PM »
He refering to FSO's. Some of our guys needed to rearm and didnt need a full load of fuel.

FSO and scenarios is the perfect example where land and re-up doesn't work. External ords and internal fuel / ammo should be changable, but not the gun configuration, IMHO.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »
Some issues ,   Im sure would come out of it. as for Example , only an Example .Have an A8 4x20 with tanks and 100% fuel . now returning  " some of us actualy do this " Have  an option to iliminate   not add . loose the 2x20 and tank . and take 3/4 fuel, understanding  the  brackets would remain and drag would have effect but not the weight.. :aok

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 05:32:35 PM »
Some issues ,   Im sure would come out of it. as for Example , only an Example .Have an A8 4x20 with tanks and 100% fuel . now returning  " some of us actualy do this " Have  an option to iliminate   not add . loose the 2x20 and tank . and take 3/4 fuel, understanding  the  brackets would remain and drag would have effect but not the weight.. :aok

I think it would be safe to say that IRL a unit flying A8s with 4x20 never decided to take 2 of the 20's out.  Not even for the flight the next day.

Get a new plane.  Two reasons I see to hot pad:

1. Hangers are down so you cannot get a new plane or ords are down so you cannot get more of what you took originally in that plane.

2. "Look at me!!1!"  8 kills landed....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »

Ah, during FSO...I guess my mind-reading skilz are a bit rusty - didn't see any mention of FSO in the original post.   :P

So my answer to that is...the same as before.  You get what you took off with - no more, no less.  That's the way it is and should be.

But then I'm not on the HTC development staff, so what I say doesn't add up to squat.   :D
My Current Rig:

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 07:12:45 PM »
I like this idea with some caveats:

1. Changing internal fuel or ammo is reasonable.

2. If the plane you are in requires brackets for DTs or external ords, and you did not take off with them, you cannot get DTs or external ord on the hot pad.

4. Gun packages should not be able to be changed.

5. Not sure what is required to carry different size bombs. If it requires different setups or equipment to carry 1000 pounders vs 500 pounders, you should not be able to switch between them on the hotpad.

Basically, if it would require more than just changing the amount of something, it should not be able to be done on the hotpad.

Regards,

Hammer
Bingo.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com