Author Topic: I crave more competition!  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
I crave more competition!
« on: May 16, 2009, 08:46:16 PM »
Do you?

For those people who don’t know me, I’m a hard core gamer and have been so for the last 5 years of my life. During my gaming carrier I’ve always found myself drawn to games with the most/best online competition! I feel that HTC could do more to support said competition in AH2, sure they “big up” the best stat padders in game but that’s as far as it goes. Look at the players who win KoTH every month, they don’t even get their names on the front page for God sakes, they dam sure deserve it!

Please don’t take what I’ve said above the wrong way, I think AH2 is a fantastic game! Hell, I’ve yet to play a game with such a vast skill curve! But there just isn’t a big enough carrot to attract the millions of competitive gamers around the world.

I would love to see HTC introduce something like World of Warcraft’s very, very popular arena system into AH2. For those people who don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s a ladder system with different brackets (2v2, 3v3 and 5v5). For the system to work effectively we would need to be able to create teams and have a queue in game, maybe it could be added to the lobby. This would give players the ability to play match, after match, after match. At the end of the Month the top teams could get their names in lights and maybe even a small prize. For example, the top players in WoW arena get special titles, maybe we could do the same? To keep the system fair, the players on either team would have to fly the same A/C each match and the plane set would be random. Or we could spice things up by introducing an ENY limit for each team. Both sides would start airborne and a small distance apart, the arena would have to be complete enclosed to encourage the fight (Just like the KoTH map but much smaller). Not only will this attract the more competative gamer to AH2, but if all goes well we could be looking at having AH2 as an E-Sport!

If people reading this post agree that HTC could do more to support better competition then please give me a +1. Also if you have more ideas then feel free to post below.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:34:18 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline thundabooge

• Copper Member
Re: I crave more competition!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:13:47 PM »
+1

People want good fair fights....this is a good solution.
LT ThundaJB  VF-17 Jolly Rogers  Currently on R&R in Australia

You called down the Thunda, well now you've got it! You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?... HELL'S COMING WITH ME!!!

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »
What you speak of is a way for Hitech to make ALOT more $$$$$$$$$$$$ so he should pay attention to this idea, then he could afford some more commercials on T.V.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »
"HiTech Creations was founded with a simple philosophy by Dale "HiTech" Addink in 1999. It's not to create a large corporation, a vast gaming network, or a line of online games. It's just to create a game, that is better than any other like it. Contrary to most companies, our goal is to keep the company small. We know that with a singular focus and an experienced cohesive team that enjoys its work, the production, service, support, and overall level of satisfaction will be unmatched. "

Personally I hate super competitive games because it leads to legions of trash talking 12 year olds, and poor 'play to win at any cost' gameplay. It's not about winning, it's about having fun. I guess I'm just a laid-back person.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:23:41 PM by Motherland »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »
I agree with Motherland.  If you think egos are bad now...well...  Get my picture?  :aok
Tours 86 - 296

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »
The most competitive people on earth always have one goal in mind, and only one.  Better themselves.  The other participants are just props to use in that exercise.

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
So motherland your saying Hitech is independently wealthy and couldn't use an extra quarter mill a year?  I call BS

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »
Motherland and Banshee7,

I find that the people I play with, who are gamers at the highest level are always the most respectful ones.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:36:30 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 09:36:09 PM »
Motherland and Banshee7,

I find that the people I’ve played with and against at the highest level are always the more respectful ones.

I've found that those masses that are attracted that aren't at the highest level always have insanely over inflated egos and overestimated senses of self worth. Do you think I've never played CoD, CS etc.? Those people are insane.

So motherland your saying Hitech is independently wealthy and couldn't use an extra quarter mill a year?  I call BS
Hey, that's what they said, not me...
I take it that their goal is to provide an awesome platform for WWII themed combat, not one of those E-Sport things.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:38:12 PM by Motherland »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
I've found that those masses that are attracted that aren't at the highest level always have insanely over inflated egos and overestimated senses of self worth. Do you think I've never played CoD, CS etc.? Those people are insane.
Hey, that's what they said, not me...

That's why we have the ability to squelch. Also, your not able to communicate to the other team when in the arena. This rules out any smack talking.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:45:51 PM by Kazaa »

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 09:45:19 PM »
I totally agree...anything to promote fair, reasonable competition in a game full of HOing, picking retards surely would be a step in the right direction.
Deviant

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 09:45:55 PM »
That's why we have the ability to squelch. Also In WoW arena, your not able to communicate to the other team. This rules out any smack talking.
It wouldn't matter. You're talking about a shift of the entire player base from a group of relatively old flight simmers to a player base of generally 12-25 year old competitive gamers. That would shift the entire attitude of the game in a direction that would, IMO at least, be highly undesirable.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
I totally agree...anything to promote fair, reasonable competition in a game full of HOing, picking retards surely would be a step in the right direction.

1. Thing wrong with your post.... If the fight was fair, you planned it wrong.

2. Hoing was a tactic used in WWII

3. Picking- How the hell do you think pilots SURVIVED in WWII

4. the game is in a right direction IMO
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 09:52:19 PM »

Well we would still get hoing, the only option would be to introduce a small frontal shield to make each player work for the kill. Either is fine with me.

Didn't they have a frontal shiled in AW?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:59:49 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »
It wouldn't matter. You're talking about a shift of the entire player base from a group of relatively old flight simmers to a player base of generally 12-25 year old competitive gamers. That would shift the entire attitude of the game in a direction that would, IMO at least, be highly undesirable.

I’m sure the game could only benefit from more players, no matter what ages they are.

Just out of interest, may I ask how old are you Motherland?