Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Quick Question
« on: May 20, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »
Ok, I know there are lots of X52 owners out there.  As some of you said owners might know, the X52 tends to lose calibration...a lot (some have never had problems, some are like me..feels like every 10 minutes I'm recalibrating.)  Usually it happens when the stick is being used a lot (lots of input like during a fights, etc.)  My question is:  How come whenever you tell someone that your stick lost calibration after a fight or something they always assume you are lying and making excuses?  I personally take offense to being called a liar, others probably wouldn't care.  But what inclines them to think that you are?

#S#

Banshee7
POS X52 owner

NOTE:  Flaming will not be tolerated in this thread..the rules say so :)
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
Where'd you get your X52? I got mine at Best Buy, and when it started acting up they gave me a new one, no questions asked.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 08:51:16 PM »
I don't have many calibration problems with my x52. I do have issues with the cord going into the throttle coming loose thus making the stick turn off (normally in the middle of a white-knuckle fight). And if your stick really lost calibration then the pileit who shot you down would have no claim to pwning you... :noid
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 08:55:40 PM »
As an X52 owner, I will take you at your word that it loses calibration.  Mine usually acts up about once a week. 

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 08:58:23 PM »
Ok, I know there are lots of X52 owners out there.  As some of you said owners might know, the X52 tends to lose calibration...a lot (some have never had problems, some are like me..feels like every 10 minutes I'm recalibrating.)  Usually it happens when the stick is being used a lot (lots of input like during a fights, etc.)  My question is:  How come whenever you tell someone that your stick lost calibration after a fight or something they always assume you are lying and making excuses?  I personally take offense to being called a liar, others probably wouldn't care.  But what inclines them to think that you are?

#S#

Banshee7
POS X52 owner

LOL get over it, it's a game  :)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
I stopped using mine because it would go off calibration every day.
Also I had to calibrate it everytime I started Aces high. It would spike horribly even when calibrated. I hear you need a powered USB hub for it... but right now I have a saitek cyborg X which .. surprisingly is very smooth and never goes off calibration. id use it with the x52 throttle but I forgot it in Sweden.

LOL get over it, it's a game  :)

says the biggest whiner in the whole game.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 09:08:53 PM »
. . .
My question is:  How come whenever you tell someone that your stick lost calibration after a fight or something they always assume you are lying and making excuses?  I personally take offense to being called a liar, others probably wouldn't care.  But what inclines them to think that you are?

#S#

Banshee7
POS X52 owner

Human Nature.  If you lost at something, the first act is to make an excuse, normally.  Even if the 'excuse' is legit they will take it as "Oh it was because of so and so" and think you are a sore loser, thus make up excuses.

I know how sticks can lose calibration mid-flight, it's rare but I normally get a "I understand" back.  Presentation is also one reason they may accuse you.  If you die and instantly state "Oh i lost calibration" it looks bad.  If "good fight" and any <S>'s are put out first they may take it better.

Blame the Human Brain. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
I stopped using mine because it would go off calibration every day.
Also I had to calibrate it everytime I started Aces high. It would spike horribly even when calibrated. I hear you need a powered USB hub for it... but right now I have a saitek cyborg X which .. surprisingly is very smooth and never goes off calibration. id use it with the x52 throttle but I forgot it in Sweden.

I'm using one, but it's not helping.  I think my problem comes from the chord that plugs into the back of the stick from the throttle (which is where I unplug it and plug it back in when i lose cal).

Human Nature.  If you lost at something, the first act is to make an excuse, normally.  Even if the 'excuse' is legit they will take it as "Oh it was because of so and so" and think you are a sore loser, thus make up excuses.

I know how sticks can lose calibration mid-flight, it's rare but I normally get a "I understand" back.  Presentation is also one reason they may accuse you.  If you die and instantly state "Oh i lost calibration" it looks bad.  If "good fight" and any <S>'s are put out first they may take it better.

Blame the Human Brain. :)

I can see what you mean now.  Presentation is usually the key in every thing you do.  I have no problem with dying as it happens a lot  :lol, but I get frustrated over something I paid a decent amount of money for screwin up..which further leads to me getting frustrated in-game and so on.

Where'd you get your X52? I got mine at Best Buy, and when it started acting up they gave me a new one, no questions asked.

I ordered mine on-line from Best-Buy over a year ago, as it takes about an hour drive to get to the nearest best-buy
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
1.  Just got an X52 from for $25.00 from garage sale two weeks ago..  No issues..  Had some driver issues but figured those out easily...  Keeping my fingers crossed..
    But I really like this A LOT better than my old X-45... :rock
2.  Like fellow Star Trek fan up there said (I swear dude, I'm not following you :noid).  People are just looking for a reason to make themselves feel as
     though they accomplished some grand feat of ingenuity/talent/etc.  To try and prove something like your stick going wacky or some other
     mishap is pointless and there's really no use in even telling someone that something happened to your setup that did not allow you to finish
     the fight to the same degree as you were flying when your set up was A-ok (all connect, calibrated, etc.)  Really man...  It just ain't worth it...

90% of the time, if you ask them to DA after such an incident, you will find that they really need to hold on to that minor victory by avoiding a rematch..
Says a lot about people not just in game, but in general.... :frown:
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 09:21:44 PM »
I've got the Pro and never have the calibration issue... But it does require a reset by unplugging once or twice a month....... But I digress, that is not your question....

Answer......  Because all of the sticks in-game, me included, have an ego.  Some larger then others.  And some of us playing longer then others.  So... You saying it was your stick is the same as saying they (the dude that just killed you) aren't actually any good and it was your problems that caused your death, not his skill.  Hence the pants on fire retort.  That's the way I see it at least.

<S>

My question is:  How come whenever you tell someone that your stick lost calibration after a fight or something they always assume you are lying and making excuses?  I personally take offense to being called a liar, others probably wouldn't care.  But what inclines them to think that you are?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »
Answer......  Because all of the sticks in-game, me included, have an ego.  Some larger then others.  And some of us playing longer then others.  So... You saying it was your stick is the same as saying they (the dude that just killed you) aren't actually any good and it was your problems that caused your death, not his skill.  Hence the pants on fire retort.  That's the way I see it at least.

<S>

Very understandable as well.  Some people can take it as an insult.  I have gotten some really good replies in this thread.  #S# all for participating.  My question has been answered.

#S#

Banshee7
Tours 86 - 296

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 09:34:47 PM »
1.  Just got an X52 from for $25.00 from garage sale two weeks ago..  No issues..  Had some driver issues but figured those out easily...  Keeping my fingers crossed..
    But I really like this A LOT better than my old X-45... :rock
2.  Like fellow Star Trek fan up there said (I swear dude, I'm not following you :noid).  People are just looking for a reason to make themselves feel as
     though they accomplished some grand feat of ingenuity/talent/etc.  To try and prove something like your stick going wacky or some other
     mishap is pointless and there's really no use in even telling someone that something happened to your setup that did not allow you to finish
     the fight to the same degree as you were flying when your set up was A-ok (all connect, calibrated, etc.)  Really man...  It just ain't worth it...

90% of the time, if you ask them to DA after such an incident, you will find that they really need to hold on to that minor victory by avoiding a rematch..
Says a lot about people not just in game, but in general.... :frown:

Well you coulda fooled me! :P

Glad you got your answer Banshee, a thread actually stayed on course for once. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 09:47:58 PM »
I find that if I turn my comp on before hooking up my x52 that I have to recalibrate it. I don't usually have problems with the cord going from the throttle to the joystick.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline james

• Silver Member
sedRe: Quick Question
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »
I used got glue on the cord from throttle to stick. Just a small bead making sure the lights were on as I did it. I also use a powered hub. I've not lost calibration this tour yet.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »
People think you're lying for exactly the same reason why you feel compelled to tell them your stick went kerflewy...  Ego.  You feel such a need to protect your own reputation/ego that after having this happen and getting shot down you feel it is necessary to let the other guy know that he only got you because you lost calibration.  If you didn't have the ego issue, you'd have just recalibrated and re-upped to get back in the fight.

You're offended by the guy who calls you a liar, well...  I would say that your behavior is pretty much on the exact same level as his.  It's just a game, don't make a big deal (or any deal) about somebody shooting you down.  You'll be a happier and more balanced person.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder