Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 730 times)

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
Nothing to see here, move along
« on: May 21, 2009, 07:13:37 AM »
See Rule #8
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:34:57 PM by Skuzzy »
See Rule #4

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Re: Abuse of power?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 07:38:06 AM »
PM me the details please.

RTR

The Damned

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 03:01:51 PM »
Much of what gets said on the bulletin board gets blown out of proportion.  I take much more abuse from my squadies and friends.  On channel 200, the chatter has been mild and we all need to get over ourselves a bit. 

One should be able to discourage HO and gang attacks without being called a whiner.  In that same respect, when does someone become a whiner?  It must lie somewhere in between, where a "reasonable" objection is being noted and where a "personal" insult is being delivered.

If someone muted me for making a humurous "reasonable" objection, I would take it as a joke...... and laugh and shake my fist at the Blue text, and yes probably post here.  Like I said I expect much worse behavior from my friends than what seems to annoy the AvA detractors, not saying that you are a detractor for posting (definitely not saying that bro), but the recent comments that there needs to be more enforcement of conduct rules, has me miffed, since the overall conduct in the Arena nowhere reflects the back and forth finger pointing that I see on the forums.  In fact, the Arena has become a pretty pleasant place to visit, when slightly populated.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »
Much of what gets said on the bulletin board gets blown out of proportion.  I take much more abuse from my squadies and friends.  On channel 200, the chatter has been mild and we all need to get over ourselves a bit. 

One should be able to discourage HO and gang attacks without being called a whiner.  In that same respect, when does someone become a whiner?  It must lie somewhere in between, where a "reasonable" objection is being noted and where a "personal" insult is being delivered.

If someone muted me for making a humurous "reasonable" objection, I would take it as a joke...... and laugh and shake my fist at the Blue text, and yes probably post here.  Like I said I expect much worse behavior from my friends than what seems to annoy the AvA detractors, not saying that you are a detractor for posting (definitely not saying that bro), but the recent comments that there needs to be more enforcement of conduct rules, has me miffed, since the overall conduct in the Arena nowhere reflects the back and forth finger pointing that I see on the forums.  In fact, the Arena has become a pretty pleasant place to visit, when slightly populated.

Why?   There wasn't much finger pointing last night.    If you were there, you'd know it.    But the problem resides in people getting "into it" on 200 and cooling the flames.    Then you bring it in here and start anew accomplishing nothing.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
Sorry osceola, I muted you because you were being disrespectful

Didn't appreciate the words you sent via PM from the other arena, but squelch works wonders

Why?   There wasn't much finger pointing last night.    If you were there, you'd know it.    But the problem resides in people getting "into it" on 200 and cooling the flames.    Then you bring it in here and start anew accomplishing nothing.   

exactly. I knew when I checked the BBS there would be a post  :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:35:53 PM by Skuzzy »
See Rule #4

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member