Author Topic: How the hell do they do that?????  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: How the hell do they do that?????
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
I would say by your description, he had more E than you, so when you merged on the second loop, he was able to get on top of you. You were prbably more or less trying to hang on and get back on top b ut you stalled out and he rolled over and killed you.
What I like to do when I'm in an impromtu 1v1, I try, for at least the first two merges, match what their doing. By then, I have a clue as to how good they are, and what I am about to do, to get a shot nessesary to kill the other person.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: How the hell do they do that?????
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »
Been playing since tour 69. Never had a trainer, never had time/patience for it. As such, I tend to be lower on the learning curve than I should be after all this time. What's really been bugging me lately is a maneuver that I can't seem to duplicate and I'm falling victim to it more and more lately. Goes like this: Head on merge, both craft immelman up, neither get a solution so both go up and immelman again. Now at the top of the second Immel' the other plane seems to stop and pivot down right into me. Almost looks like a hammerhead from my perspective. I see this a lot with ponies, hogs and jugs. How is this thing that I can only call a stall turn accomplished. When I try to dupe it all I do is wallow and stall. The opposing pilots seem to be able to accomplish this and come out with perfect control. What is this?

Film would be good.  Also stop following them up after the first immelma or match them for speed and zoom and follow them up all the way with guns blazzing, that works for me. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes