Author Topic: Sound warping/stuttering near other planes/fights  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
Re: Sound warping/stuttering near other planes/fights
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
There is no compatibility issue.

All those special effects built into spound cards are for games that do not make use of a 3D sound field.  They assume a mono or stereo sound.  We generate a 3D sound field without anything else being needed, other than a decent sound card.

The compatibility issue lies with sound cards who try to over process the sound being generated instead of leaving it alone.

Our game adheres to the documented methods of generating sound using the DirectSound API.

I guess I am confused.  Are you saying I should try to dumb down the processing of sounds by my chipset because the game software already puts it in 3D?  If so, how the heck do you disable said "over-processing" in the case of AH2?  I did not have this issue with my older rig which had a SB Audigy SE or something like that sound card.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 12:20:59 PM »
I would guess turning off EAX while playing Aces High might do the trick (That SB Audigy didn't really have true EAX support, perhaps that's why it worked better on that particular sound card).
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
Go into control panel and bring up the audio console SB installs for its sound cards. Disable all effects that you can. You will have things like EAX Effects and CMSS 3D. Then from the creative app folder bring up the speaker detect application and tell it you are using a headset. If you leave the speaker detect at 4.1 or 5.1 or whatever other than HEADSET it will use up time trying to feed surround sound speakers through your headset.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 03:05:08 AM »
mobo soundboard are teh bad ...

By changing the internal sound board for a inexpensive soundcard my fps jumping by a wooping 20 fps !