Author Topic: hispano 20mm  (Read 1656 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: hispano 20mm
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
? :noid
Bullet lifetime is by distance traveled.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 11:47:46 PM »
it shoots further  than u do :aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »
Bullet lifetime is by distance traveled.

While I wouldn't want to start a conTROVersy, don't bullets travel farther at higher altitudes thusly meaning they are time and not distance restricted?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »
They perform better at longer ranges up in the thin air, but I'm pretty sure (not 100%) their lifespan is either tied to a timer or a range limit. I think it's the range limit. So while you might get a stronger "punch" from 50cals when shooting something 1k out at 25K, the bullets themselves don't last much more than 1.2 (or whatever the end limit is).

Just means they behave different until they expire, up in the thinner air.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 01:07:03 PM »
While I wouldn't want to start a conTROVersy, don't bullets travel farther at higher altitudes thusly meaning they are time and not distance restricted?
That's what I was thinking after I posted, but it doesn't make much difference.  The most useful characteristic is that the faster you're flying, the shorter the reach to a target ahead of you.  Whether it's time or distance that limits bullets makes for a minor difference in comparison.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
It seems to me 20mm cannons do much more damage than the same amount of 50cal bullets.
But I'm a terrible shot.

yeah
the hispanos are extraordinarilly powerful and in my opinion are the best weapons in the game.

i sometimes tear the wing off a plane with as little as a 1 shot hit from a snapshot

as a terrible shot i find it difficult to kill planes unless i have some sort of cannon with my plane