Author Topic: Typhoon  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Typhoon
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2009, 09:12:31 AM »
Not saying i don't admire the work that goes into it... but I couldn't give a damn about eye candy, those who are long time subscribers i suspect are mostly in agreement.  Those too busy looking at the pretty landscape or shadows instead of what is on their 6 will just make it easier for us to shoot them down ;)  :aok
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2009, 09:15:26 AM »
So Furball, you'd be happy with flying just red and blue triangles over a flat green ground?
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »
So Furball, you'd be happy with flying just red and blue triangles over a flat green ground?

I still occasionally play the original red baron from around 1990, as long as i can make out aircraft types, i am pretty content.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:47 AM »
I would say that you're very much part of a minority then, even among AH veterans. ;)
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
I agree with Furball, which now outnumbers DieHard 2:1.  I couldn't care any less about "graphics."  As long as I am able to play the game and be able to identify the things I need to then I am a happy camper  :aok
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2009, 09:55:54 AM »
I agree with Furball, which now outnumbers DieHard 2:1. 

Gangers!  :lol

-Gandhi

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »
I'm all about gameplay, but I welcome more eye candy with open arms.

2:2.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2009, 11:15:41 AM »
indeed, I am In for both

Infidelz
Kaffir

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2009, 11:20:05 AM »
New lighting looks sweet! :aok
With the new terrain and lighting system I don't think it will be possible to complain about AH's graphics anymore.

The airplane externals have always been about as good as "Il2" IF you crank them all the way up, and all the newer cockpits are also extremely good, without going so "realistic" as to make the instruments unreadable at normal zooms.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »
eye candy is nice, when the F6F was updated I got a renewed interest in the game

3:2

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
The airplane externals have always been about as good as "Il2" IF you crank them all the way up, and all the newer cockpits are also extremely good, without going so "realistic" as to make the instruments unreadable at normal zooms.
The newer AH2 aircraft are far better than anything I've ever gotten out of IL-2.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
HiTech,

Now's the best time to introduce a Tempest variant with 150 grade fuel.  :D ducks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:37:18 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2009, 04:32:05 PM »
HiTech,

Now's the best time to introduce a Tempest variant with 150 grade fuel.  :D ducks

And also with the 200 rounds per gun its supposed to have.

Early Tempest's Mk. V (Serie I) and the Tempest Mk. II prototypes had the 20 mm Mk. II Hispano cannons (identical to those fitted in Typhoon). The barrels extended 8 inches beyond the wing leading edge and they were mounted with short barrell fairings.
Tempest Mk. V Serie II's, production Mk. IIs and Mk. VIs were fitted with the new short-barrelled Hispano Mk. V cannons which were completely enclosed. (They were 10 in. shorter and 25 lbs lighter than Mk. II.)
Mk. V and VI had 200 rounds per gun, but Mk. II 162 inboard and 152 outboard
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 05:06:08 PM by beau32 »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2009, 04:35:10 PM »
You are talking about AH subscribers correct?

HiTech

:lol