Author Topic: evga precision  (Read 365 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
evga precision
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:23:56 PM »
anybody have any experience with this card tuner?

http://www.evga.com/precision/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: evga precision
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:00:46 PM »
I have used it since it was first released. For the longest time it was the only way to get the fans to 100%. Even the overclock works great but I never pushed it past a 5% increase.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
ok I got this tool going and my main question is about fan speed and the gpu temp.

My fan speed is 37% and gpu temp is 60C. Is this a ok temp and should I speed up the fan. really a noob with something like this so don't want to do anything outlandish.

core clock is 600

shader clock is 1500

memory clock is 900

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:53:31 PM »
yes 60 is fine for a Vid card temp... dont worry until your in the high 90's then turn your fan speed up.

TD

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »
You can also turn the fan speed up as much as you like and the only harm would be noise level. So turn it up to something you can live with and you wont have to worry again.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 03:29:43 PM »
You can also turn the fan speed up as much as you like and the only harm would be noise level. So turn it up to something you can live with and you wont have to worry again.

Well, that depends on how long you're expecting the card to last. Higher speeds means more wear on the fan. Whether or not it's negligible with today's fans is a good question, though.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »
Ive been using Riva Tuner... Great program