Author Topic: Proof aircraft polls are bad  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Proof aircraft polls are bad
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »

Then explain why the P-40E, P-38g, Boston, Landcaster, Spitfire IX, P-39, FW 199 A/5 are in the EW plane set. These planes were not around in 1940 and  some not until late 1941.

The B-17C was at Henderson field in 1941 and most likely earlier due to the fact that the Japanerse attacked the Philipanines virtually at the same time they attacked pearl Harbor and B-17C's were at Henderson field when they attacked. B-17C's were delivered to units in November of 1940. B-17's were also flying inbound to pearl harbor while under attack and were also destroyed on the ground as well. So what do you consider to be the EW time frame?

I was just saying...

Anyway, we only have the B-17G which was in service in i think late 1943, and there is no such thing as a Landcaster. Some of the aircraft you mention are probably there due to lack of other types.

Personally, i would consider 1939 - end 1941 early war, 1942 - end 1943 mid war, 1944 - VJ day late war.  What would you define it as?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:48 PM »
I was just saying...

Anyway, we only have the B-17G which was in service in i think late 1943, and there is no such thing as a Landcaster. Some of the aircraft you mention are probably there due to lack of other types.

Personally, i would consider 1939 - end 1941 early war, 1942 - end 1943 mid war, 1944 - VJ day late war.  What would you define it as?

So I added a D to Lancaster no need to get that picky considering your former post has more wrong with it than a misspelled name. There a many planes in here with same type airframes that have different model designations. The B-25C and H are 2 completely different planes but they were able to model the 2 of them. Why would the B-17C be much different. I think the point of this game is to first have fun not  pure historical  accuracy.If it were then there really would be very limited plane sets in both MW and EW. I doubt that any amount of new plane, tank or anything else will draw a large group of players away from the MA to the ew arena.

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »

1941 wasn't early war? Do you consider the battle of Britain early war?

Personally, I consider Pearl Harbor the point at which we moved from early war to mid-war.

Certainly, 1942 - when US participation really started - is mid-war.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
lol, you can't perk the A-26, that's just crazy talk.

Pyro's synopsis on it during the plane-vote:

"A-26 -  Honestly, this plane will end up as a light perk but more things to spend bomber perks on are needed.  Helluva plane that would completely upstage every other medium bomber in the game."
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
How many late war medium bombers do we have in game again?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »

..er...how many WERE there?  By late war the fighter-bomber concept had pretty well shown that there would no longer be a need for either dive bombers or medium bombers.  We've got the Arado, some day we'll probably have the A26...were there others?

- oldman

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2009, 04:23:41 PM »

I just posted HTC's staff's take on the matter. I'm not going argue about it with you. :)

I totally agree with pyro that it is one helluva plane. One of the best airshow performances I've ever seen was flown by one. It was quite a sight and sound to see a plane of that size being thrown about....high speed passes that were pulled into complete loops, beautiful. Still, I personally hope that is pretty low on the list of priorities for HTC.

1) Our US planeset is already huge compared to the other nations.

2) As a bomber it would draw lot of art recources and would take a longer time to develop than single engined fighters for example and still be somewhat redundant as AH already has the A-20.

3) It's involvement in the WWII itself was rather short and small compared to many capable planes left to be added.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:25:40 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
Imo, perking the A26 all depends on how well it can deal with enemy fighters. You can’t drop bombs on target, on time, if you can’t defend yourself.  If you going to milk run a strat then I guess that’s another story.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:54:23 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2009, 05:53:39 PM »
Time frames - easy.

The War proper didn't really kick of until the Battle of France / Battle of Britain.

So you have 2 years per period -

Early - 40 / 41
Mid - 42 / 43
Late - 44 / 45

Can't get any simpler than that.

Irrespective of the Spit IX and the early 190 being available (perked) in the EW arena.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory