Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 646 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Quick question
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »
I was not sure where to put this so I put it in the gereral discussion forum and someone suggested I put it here and it seemed like the right places so... Well anyways, do we have weather, day and night, storms, windstorms, rain, etc. or is it just always daytime and sunny? if it is then this is no place for a vampire, they are everywhere :noid:D. I just need a yes to all, a no to all, or a description of what we do have. No need to make a big discusson of this.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »
We have 'weather' in the form of clouds. Yes day, no night, no storms [unless you count the arguments on ch200], wind usually off in Main arenas, no rain [unless you have your computer outside].
Each map has its own weather file I believe.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:39:01 PM »
I was not sure where to put this so I put it in the gereral discussion forum and someone suggested I put it here and it seemed like the right places so... Well anyways, do we have weather, day and night, storms, windstorms, rain, etc. or is it just always daytime and sunny? if it is then this is no place for a vampire, they are everywhere :noid:D. I just need a yes to all, a no to all, or a description of what we do have. No need to make a big discusson of this.

In the Main Arena's, we have clouds, hi and low, we have dawn, day and dusk, no night, no wind, no rain, snow thunder or lightning.

In the Special Events Arena's, we can again have the hi and low clouds, and even insert a certain type of cloud in certain areas (but that needs to be built by the terrain team, then sent to htc to be loaded on the server). We can have fog to the point of almost 0 visibility, we can runs a 24 hour clock, so dawn, day, dusk, and night are all options, we can keep it a certain time, we can speed the cycle up, we can generate wind from/to 8 directions set it in 2,000 foot layers from 0 to 30K, and add up drafts or down drafts. we can play with all the colors for sky, fog, etc., but we can not make it actually rain, snow, or create lightning.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:24:13 AM »
And back in the day when H2H was still alive, we could set winds for 125 mph, that was fun! :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:31:48 AM »
We have 'weather' in the form of clouds. Yes day, no night, no storms [unless you count the arguments on ch200], wind usually off in Main arenas, no rain [unless you have your computer outside].
Each map has its own weather file I believe.

sometimes ground fog too........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)