Author Topic: my wish.a nother american tank  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: my wish.a nother american tank
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
The regular Sherman offers loads of scenario possibilities and I can see also uses for it in the MA. You could have a DD version available only from CVs, more vulnerable than an LVT in the water but much better (or rather much less crap) on land. Also the 75mm or 105mm gun could be an option in the loadout screen. As has been said the 105mm would be a useful building demolisher, but even worse than the 75mm for anti tank work.

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »
The regular Sherman offers loads of scenario possibilities and I can see also uses for it in the MA. You could have a DD version available only from CVs, more vulnerable than an LVT in the water but much better (or rather much less crap) on land. Also the 75mm or 105mm gun could be an option in the loadout screen. As has been said the 105mm would be a useful building demolisher, but even worse than the 75mm for anti tank work.

The M67 HEAT shell had a penetration of 102mm at all ranges, above that of the 75mm/L48 KwK on the Pz4 & slightly less than that of the 17lbr on the firefly at 500m & well above the 17lbr & 88mm/L56 Kwk of the Tiger I at +1000m.....it also worked well against concrete; thus buildings would go "plooey", but not as nicely as with straight HE.  HOWEVER you would not see a load-out that consisted soley of HEAT rounds......

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »
Wasn't aware they had HEAT rounds, learn something every day.