Author Topic: Can some one help me?  (Read 881 times)

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
Can some one help me?
« on: June 12, 2009, 06:44:36 PM »
Hi. How can I make my tank harder to kill? I watch all the good tankers and they have this. I have asked around and people have said that if I make my connection slower it will do the trick, is this true?

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Re: Can some one help me?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:46:42 PM »
Seriously? Dude, there is NO WAY to make your tanks have more armour if thats what your asking...  :rolleyes:

Who have you been asking that told you that?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
Hi. How can I make my tank harder to kill? I watch all the good tankers and they have this. I have asked around and people have said that if I make my connection slower it will do the trick, is this true?

No.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »
Not true.  All players' tanks and planes are the same. You need to hit vulnerable spots, use cover, and know how to present the least vulnerable parts of your ground vehicle and plane to the enemy.  e.g. show a side profile rather than a full top-down target area to other planes, or deny flat angles against your armor to other tanks or ground attack planes.  Ideally this last one would be 45 degrees, but front usually being weaker than side armor, the optimal angle is some front-facing bias.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:50:12 PM »
Drop bombs on the other tanks, all tankers deeply respect someone who can bomb them accurately, especially if you do it from Lancasters.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »
LOL, WAS THIS SERIOUS THREAD :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 06:58:13 PM »
Not true.  All players' tanks and planes are the same. You need to hit vulnerable spots, use cover, and know how to present the least vulnerable parts of your ground vehicle and plane to the enemy.  e.g. show a side profile rather than a full top-down target area to other planes, or deny flat angles against your armor to other tanks or ground attack planes.  Ideally this last one would be 45 degrees, but front usually being weaker than side armor, the optimal angle is some front-facing bias.
  :aok

Drop bombs on the other tanks, all tankers deeply respect someone who can bomb them accurately, especially if you do it from Lancasters.
sounds good! Ill try it!

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 07:01:33 PM »

Oh. The reason I ask is because of those stories that I always hear. For example the one I heard today "400 yards away from a sherman in my panzer, I shoot him in the side, and he turns his turret and hits my front and I die".

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 07:05:24 PM »
Some tanks do have better armor than others.  The Sherman's is heavier than a Panzer's.  Also, rounds will just bounce off if you don't hit in the right places.  Sounds like the Panzer didn't know how to kill the Sherman.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 07:06:53 PM »
Oh. The reason I ask is because of those stories that I always hear. For example the one I heard today "400 yards away from a sherman in my panzer, I shoot him in the side, and he turns his turret and hits my front and I die".
Hearsay is hearsay.  What an anecdote doesn't say is that there's both lethal and non-lethal spots to hit on both a GV's flank and front.  You can puncture empty space or hit the pilot, or engine, etc.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »
lol, at least he didn't tell you that Alt F4 would do it. Count yourself lucky.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 07:35:34 PM »
One thing you'll learn Spyder is this game is full of story tellers. Most of the time the actual even gets distorted the way the story teller wants it  :D
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 07:37:47 PM »

:rofl Man that is great. I would only add...They really enjoy this in TT!  :aok

Carry on  :uhoh

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »
.activate forcefield
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
.activate forcefield

Watch out for Billy Mays...he'll sell you the forcefield cheap! Just watch out for the shipping charges! :lol