Author Topic: Truly sad  (Read 4099 times)

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
Re: Truly sad
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 02:53:58 PM »

Yes there are some LW tools that go to EW and milk the perkies, but so what ... what's the big deal ?

:aok Exactly! Who really gives a crap what others do when it's not affecting anyone? Those "leets" who are always complainin about "perk farmers, toolshedders, etc." are just whining! Why they whiiiiiiiiiine about this I've never understood cause it doesn't affect them in the least   :rolleyes:

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »
Going into EW is like playing with your gentials with company in the other room  :(
Lighten up Francis

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »
Now I know I will disagreeing with most in here, but:  EW is fun when the #s are not so skewed.  MW is decidedly fun regardless.  As to a given squad's behavior in EW, it is true that it is deplorable.  That said, there are 2-3 individuals in said squad that are very nice to have as opposition; it sad that they continue their affiliation with the other members that have deplorable manner & social skills.

Moving on:  MW I have noted is where predominately LW players come to when they need to perk-farm.  I'm sure there will be a spate of rebuttals & flametardness to my previous statement.  As far as closing EW & MW; do that and some p[lanes will never see the light of day again, plus where ya'll gonna go when TT is a HOnRun/ace pilot circuis with the summer 2weekers out in force?

Making the perks non-transferable?  Among the silliest ideas I've seen floated around.  Sad that out new planes are EW?  Get into EW & make some ppl "SORE" that you own 'em with the new rides.  I personnaly plan to become the I-16 scourge of AH in all arenas.   :aok

Fight Like a Girl

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »
Making the perks non-transferable?  Among the silliest ideas I've seen floated around.

why? what is the downside of doing this?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »

Why should a player not be able to use the perks he/she earns with a Hurri-I in EW to up a dweebfire8 in MW?  Why if i make kills in my f6f in MW can't I go to LW & get a Me-262, where the f6f is still a good plane?  An earned perk is an earned perk.  Besides, the only plane worth spending perks on in EW is the 190a5 to got BUFF hunting with, and in MW the only one worth spending perks on is.....well there ain't one! :rofl :rofl :rofl

IMHO all this does is prevent EW & MW players from taking-out the LW perk rides.  Which for some odd reason the LW-only players think no one but themselves should have.

All the "can't transfer perks" will do is create more perk farmers in the EW & MW arenas so that if they "must" go to EW & MW for whatever reason they can have enough perks to ride in only perked planes.  Those perk farmers will not really enhance the gameplay of EW & MW, I say that as when I have seen LW players pop-in they very rarely help "the team" and act more like lone wolfs.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:28:03 PM by vonKrimm »

Fight Like a Girl

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
Being an EW regular, I find it equally hilarious/frustrating when I log in to see Bish outnumber the other two sides combined by 2-3-4 to 1.  I like to fight, and will occasionally help to take bases.  I switch between Rook and Knight regularly just to go where the fight is.  Unfortunately, when I do so, the bish horde usually moves to the other side of the map and starts attacking the side I just came from.

If there are some people on my country, there's always at least one or two out milking strats to up their GV/Bomber/Attack scores.  Sad, really...

Regarding some of the Bish players, there are a couple really nice guys who always give as good as they take and are fun opponents.  They joke around and we have fun.  Then there's the rest, as mentioned earlier, that only care about kills and score.  I actually laughed out loud last week when I shot down a SOAR in his Hurri-2c with my SpitV.  He called BS because "there's no way a Spit could ever turn inside a Hurri". :rofl  I guess some don't think in 3-dimensions.

I like the EW planes - fly the Hurri-Mk1 mostly - and will definitely give the I-16 some of my attention when it gets here.  I go to MW now and then when there's no action in EW.  But I stay away from LW - not because I'm scared or can't hack it - but because all I've seen each time I visit is HO's, gangs, and generally a stream of vomit in the text buffer.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
But I stay away from LW - not because I'm scared or can't hack it - but because all I've seen each time I visit is HO's, gangs, and generally a stream of vomit in the text buffer.

Stopped into one of the LW arenas last night for a bit.  Definitely a different place.

- oldman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 05:21:50 PM »
Went into the MW arena last night and saw that the Bish were milk running the Knights at A17 (only 2 Knits on, myself and Bulldog2), so that's where I head to.  Looking at the roster, saw a good amount of SOARS on and pretty much knew they were the milk runners at 17.  What followed was a good solid 2 hours of fun.  For long time, I was the sole defender at 17 fighting them off in some enjoyable fights.  I eventually lost the base (they also had GVs attacking) but the fights continued as the battle progressed to A18 for a bit.  Mace eventually joined in to lend a hand and together cleared the skies.

My usual experience with the SOARS has usually been negative but I'm glad this time it was different and ended up being fun.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »

Maybe this is the crux of your issue  :aok setting out to "RUIN" someones night is pretty pathetic in itself :aok If it is not affecting you in any way, then why let it affect you?  :aok    :rolleyes:
Hey HT himself said the object is to piss the other guy off right? Giving a milk runner cause to run back home pointless is a good way to do that,and I was hoping for a fight.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »
Was in EW arena last nite.

Aprox. 5 or 6 guys were attacking a base that had one defender.

I switched to that side to help the guy out.

Well, that single guy was just sitting on the runway, he never upped.

However as soon as the attackers noticed I was airborne, the attack mysteriously stopped.

And when I say stop, I mean immediatly.

It was almost like they all augered at the same time.

I checked the roster and all the attackers and the lone defender had logged.

Smelled kinda funny in there.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »
Here's one for the "piss of the other guy" files...

I logged in to see 6-7 Bish and nobody else.  I saw a dot on radar coming to an airbase.  I upped to intercept.  Two bish, one Hurri2c and one goon coming.  I was at an alt disadvantage and got shot down (collided) trying to kill the Hurri.  They flew three sectors to take a vbase so they could start a chain of spawns to capture 4 or 5 bases from an empty country.  For grins, I upped a 109 from another base and went full wep and got to the vbase just as the goon landed and released troops.  I got proxy when goon towered, and killed 6 or so troops.  Capture denied.  I saw something on all channel to the effect of "What BS!" and the goon pilot logged.  Hehehehe.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »
I was in early war about a week ago and was the only rook on. I upped a p39 and proceeded to the nearest bish base and attacked it, up pops an m16, none of the other 10 bish show up. 9 perkies for being a bomb****. Up again the same guy ups a 109, none of his bish mates show up. It was a good fight and another 9 perkies. I had fun and earned myself the points to auger a c hog (which I did ) but it was very sad that with all those bish on, poor old CoGoslin had to defend all by himself.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 10:07:51 PM »
My usual experience with the SOARS has usually been negative but I'm glad this time it was different and ended up being fun.

I've never had a problem with them.  Individually some of them are very skilled.  Together, they represent what I consider the paradigm of squad life.  They really don't care if anyone else is in the arena.  They want to be together, working for a common goal, chatting among themselves.  That's what I hear everyone likes about squads, so I can't fault the SOARS for taking it to its logical extreme.

- oldman

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »
To be honest when I heard of the arena split, I assumed that EW, MW and LW would only consist of EW Planes, MW Planes and LW Planes respectively. Figure if you want fair fights, go to the arena you want to fly your plane in. No reason Spit1's should be LW when theres LA-7s and F4U-4's flying about.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »

Better yet ... what is the upside of doing this ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."