Author Topic: Truly sad  (Read 4150 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Truly sad
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »
or one could take a more diplomatic approach and offer help and guidance to ways of more fun enjoyable and eager learning of "Good Game Play & Sportsmanship Etiquette"..........and do so in a fashion that just complete bombards these people (not the squad mentioned, but ALL PEOPLE) that currently play like this............. if the community members allow it to happen, then they are not helping the community for the greater good......only helping it to keep existing and making others fester and complaign..........I am not saying to not "Overwhelm" these people with some good old fashion aerial can of whiparse........infact it is what I am saying exactly.........beat them into submission as well as "INTELLIGENT smack talk & WISE cracks" until they get the message that their gameplay etiquette absolutely is uncalled for and is detrimental to the community........

my feelings on the matter anyhows...... YMMV
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »
we had over 20 guys in our sqaud and most of them were doing the same thing milking EW and milking MW i asked them to stop doing what your doing or leave the sqaud they chose to leave the sqaud .it seems to me they just don't want to take the time to learn basic ACM . but you see  that with a lot of guys in these mega sqauds

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 07:22:23 AM »
EW isn't about SOARS, Rooks, milkrunners or score potatoes...it's simply the human condition. It's rare to find a EW population of more than 20 so chess pieces are easily skewed. Most, not all, of the EW regulars pile in on the country with the highest numbers and go to work on the country with the lowest numbers. Hey, you get free perkies for winning the war, so why not? And...who in their right mind doesn't want to make it to the TOP 5 at the end of the Tour?  :devil

Next time just jump in on the side with fewest numbers and go at it. Let the beatings begin  :D

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:47:34 AM »
Make perks in Early, Mid, Late, non-transferable.

I dont understand why this hasnt been done already. Suggested many times.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »

This really needs to happen.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 09:45:12 AM »
I dont understand why this hasnt been done already. Suggested many times.

And then you could actually perk things like the Hurri2C in EW and have a use for the perk points.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »

Why ? ... 99% of those people in EW wouldn't know what do do with their perks and surely wouldn't have a use for them in any of the LW arenas. Try to envision EW pilots coming to an LW arena and taking out any of the perk planes ... they would die within seconds of an engagement. They milk run that arena in hopes to see their names on the AH Homepage and when those who view that page (who don't know the difference) say to themselves ... WOW ... those guys are "leet".

Yes there are some LW tools that go to EW and milk the perkies, but so what ... what's the big deal ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »
why?
to stop perk farming in EW and MW for use in LW, and consistency with scoring, which is split by arena.

why not?
no reason I can see.

71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 10:05:46 AM »
    Kinda hard to perk farm with a perk bonus approaching 0.3 or 0.4 (or lower) isnt it? (Nevermind having no one to shoot at!)  The real perk farmers are usually on low numbers flying attack sorties and hitting strat. Frankly if someone wants to perk farm by hitting a high number country they deserve the perks. If you out number your opponent no reason you cant defend your fields. The horde, land grab, win the war types are the ones throwing the numbers off.

Strip

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »
Glad to see not one thing has changed in EW since I was last there before the split scoring.  Same guys doing the same things they've been doing for years in there and you were surprised?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 10:12:28 AM »
Tell ya what... I dont remember this problem with one arena?  How was that a slum?  Get everyone in one room and let bullets sort everything else out.  My best memories of this game was playing 600-700 people on one map.  Just dont use lameo maps like pizza.  Something between old beta maps and the megamaps {which only encouraged even more milkrunning.} OZkansas seems like a good layout!

Maybe eliminate "flying under radar" so there isnt 70 people in b26s doing something gamey.  If people see whats coming they will defend it.  Too many megasquads sprung on wanting to take bases without defense.

Mind you, this was my opinion 3 months ago before I suspended my account... Im sure things havent changed too much since then.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 11:53:54 AM »
wouldn't they just close early and midwar arenas based upon the small number of people that go in there as opposed to the late war arenas ?
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »
Well just think. Soon the EWA heros will have two brand spanking new '39 era fighters to use. :uhoh
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
intercept and ruin a porkers night. :lol

Maybe this is the crux of your issue  :aok setting out to "RUIN" someones night is pretty pathetic in itself :aok If it is not affecting you in any way, then why let it affect you?  :aok    :rolleyes:

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 02:34:42 PM »
The time switching limit in EW should be reduced just because of things like this.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.