Author Topic: Truly sad  (Read 4298 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Truly sad
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:57:24 PM »
 I go into early war tonight,12 people flying I figure I can get a good fight. That was my first error in thought. I was rook and see someone all by themselves raiding,porking,score padding whatever and swap to bish to intercept and ruin a porkers night. Problem is he WAS a bish.Right along with the other 11 in there. SOAR,you guys are something. :lol
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Truly sad
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:08:27 AM »
I thought that was SOP in EW.  Last time I was there it was 8 Bish, 2 Rook and 1 Knight.  When I asked why I got the old "loyal to my 'country'" and "I'm flying with my squad" excuses. 

I thought it was amusing that four of the eight were in one squad and three in another,  They could have had even numbers right there.

It's their $15 dollars to do what they could basically do off line for free.

:rofl

I feel your pain.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 12:25:37 AM »
I go into early war tonight,12 people flying I figure I can get a good fight. That was my first error in thought. I was rook and see someone all by themselves raiding,porking,score padding whatever and swap to bish to intercept and ruin a porkers night. Problem is he WAS a bish.Right along with the other 11 in there. SOAR,you guys are something. :lol

yep! I think early and mid are a waist of good server space.....
I'M in for the land grabs as much as a good fight but thats a sorry way to perk farm.

I'M just sayin......

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »
Sad thing is, Mid-War would actually be the most balanced and most enjoyable period from an aircraft standpoint.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:39:15 AM »
I often find Mid War to be a bit of a refuge from what I've been seeing in Late War recently.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 01:58:24 AM »
When this whole "Arena Split" happened.   A lot of us stayed in the EW arena for about 5-6 months, until the Scorepotatos came in.   Some of the best fights happened at that time.   

Oh well. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 02:00:21 AM »
SOAR have been called out numerous times. On top of their actions is their deplorable behavior. I've heard the same from most folks that have commented on it to me. Pluto is a joke for his constant ignorance of how the game works, calling folks hackers for not understanding how he died, how they didn't die (when he never hit them) making up facts such as "I shot off half your surfaces and you killed me!" [when in fact he scored a glancing hit with no damage]. Some of his squadmates are equally as abusive, and have intimated folks can leave the arena if they have a problem with the way SOAR run things there.

EWA should be shut down. I used to think MWA as well, but have since come to believe it can/should be retained.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 02:02:46 AM »
EWA should be shut down.
Nah -- let the kiddies have their playpen.  Don't want them stinking up any of the other arenas anyway.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 02:04:58 AM »
Nah -- let the kiddies have their playpen.  Don't want them stinking up any of the other arenas anyway.

Truer words have never been spoken.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 02:11:55 AM »
Truer words have never been spoken.   

yep  :aok
frogs are people too

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 02:13:47 AM »
let the kiddies have their playpen.

Doesn't work so well in either the AvA or the EWA. I suggest that strategy only hurts more folks that try out these arenas later on.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 02:30:13 AM »

EWA should be shut down. I used to think MWA as well, but have since come to believe it can/should be retained.
Yeah...the "SOAR" Losers as I like to call them have no good attitude whatsoever. Make perks in Early, Mid, Late, non-transferable. Or make Early War non-capture...oh noes!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 03:44:15 AM »
Don't worry.  HTC knows that what you are asking for is not really what you want.  They have it all under control.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 03:59:16 AM »
That's not what HT was saying (yes I sound like a cheerleader but entertain what I'm suggesting for a sec). He's saying that what they ask and what they want aren't always the same thing.  Knowing the workings of the game arguably by heart, it's not hard to solve for the rest of the equation: what the players' demands are really getting at. 
Whether his interpretation and judgement is more or less perfect, and whether it's feasible or possible to have it all under control is another story.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 06:27:38 AM »
..... Make perks in Early, Mid, Late, non-transferable.....

Actually this is not a bad idea.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech